My earliest memory is of my mom graduating from nursing school. Now, she is the nurse manage of an emergency room. I'm really proud of her and all her accomplishments, but while basically having a free doctor around to assure you you're not dying, it can be a little annoying... (sorry mom!)
1. She prevents you from eating certain snacks due to something in them that *might* kill you
Growing up, my mom never allowed my brother and I to eat pop tarts (although I still did behind her back, even though they're not as great as everyone says they are). Apparently, they had/have trans fats in them, which can cause heart disease or something like that.
2. You wanted to be a nurse just like her when you were a kid
Growing up, you wanted to be a nurse, just like your mom! You thought it was so cool how she saved so many people without (seemingly) breaking a sweat, and wanted to be cool just like her. And then you realized how much work it actually is.
3. "You do realize how unhealthy that is, right?"
JUST LET ME EAT MY DONUTS IN PEACE MOM PLEASE.
4. She still makes sure you get your vaccines
Even though you living at college, you just know she's going to find a way to make sure you'll get your flu vaccine. There's no running; she's literally trained to give vaccines.
5. You know a surprising amount of medical conditions
And yet, you still have no idea what she's talking about at times.
6. She's yelled at you because you've played with her stethoscope
"Do you know how many germs are on that thing??? Leave it alone!"
7. Speaking of germs, you've gotten many lectures about them and how to avoid them
Apparently, there's more in the kitchen than in the bathroom.
8. You can't watch a hospital show in peace
"Oh my god, they wouldn't do that in real life." "That's not how you do it!" "Yeah, pretty sure they would've been fired mom."
9. And yet, she still watches those hospital shows
Whenever you go into the living room, one of those dramatic hospital shows always seems to be on... and your mom is complaining about how they're not realistic.
10. You think you can give your friends medical advice
I mean, I'm kinda professional too right? I don't know how to put an IV in, but I know how to make the bleeding stop, right?
11. Whenever you're sick, she tells you to take some medicine you've never heard of
"Mom, I threw up, like, nine times." "Have you taken Ondansetron?" "...Which is what exactly?" "Zofran." "Not helping."