11 Things to Do in Troy, AL

11 Things to Do in Troy, AL

For all those who say, "There's nothing to do in Troy."

4489
11 Things to Do in Troy, AL
Perry Brown

I hear it everyday: "There's nothing to do in Troy." Honestly, I've said it too. But, there are so many fun ways to spend a day! Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Pike County Lake

Pike County lake has been newly restored and is open to the public. It is the perfect place to spend the day fishing, boating, or picnicking with family and friends! Grab your picnic basket, fishing pole, and your eno to spend a fun day in the great outdoors of Alabama!

2. Camp Butter and Egg

Zip lining, laser tag, canoeing, rock walls... no room for boring here!

3. Troy Community Recreation Center

Swimming pools, indoor and out! There are lots of options at the Rec Center. And there is even a gym... for those of you who are... in to that kind of stuff...

4. Downtown Troy, AL

This is one of my favorite parts of Troy, Alabama. It is seriously the cutest place. So many different local restaurants and places to shop. And, the city even hosts concerts and festivals downtown, too!

5. McClelland's Zoo

Lions, and tigers, and bears, OH MY! McClelland's Zoo is an awesome locally owned zoo located in Banks, Alabama. There is even a petting zoo!

6. The Continental Cinemas in Troy, AL

Troy, Alabama has a great movie theatre and they always have best popcorn in town. Plus, there are discounts and $1 movie nights for Troy Students!!

7. Victorian Spa & Wellness Center

Because you always deserve to be pampered.

8. Pioneer Museum of Alabama

The Pioneer Museum is full of history and hands on learning. They have different programs and festivals throughout the year, so go learn something new!

9. Johnson Center for the Arts

New exhibits are always coming to the Johnson Center. The perfect way to learn about history and arts in downtown Troy, Alabama.

10. The Party Pad

Mini golf is always a good idea.

11. Trojan Athletics

Here's to the school we love! Citizens of Troy, Alabama, have a unique opportunity. College baseball, football, basketball, soccer, and more in our backyard.

So no more excuses, y'all. Get out there and enjoy your day in Troy, Alabama!