11 Things That You Should Not Eat On A First Date

It sounds crazy, but trust me. Avoid these foods.

445
Wallpaper Safari

Food. Food is good. But sometimes these specific foods shouldn't be eaten all of the time. The specific time that is going to be referenced in this article is while on a date. A first date to be exact. I know it may sound crazy, but watching a man/woman chow down like a slob on a messy food is the biggest turn off in the world. To help everyone reading this with this unknown but obvious problem here is a list of foods and the reason as to why you shouldn't eat that specific food.

1. Wings

Wings are a huge pet peeve of mine. This item is on the list from actual experience. A few years ago I went on a date, and the guy I was with ordered wings as an appetizer. BBQ wings to be exact. I love wings as much as the next person, but bone in wings lathered in BBQ sauce on a date is a bad mistake. Once they arrived to the table he proceeded to eat, talk with his mouth open and get BBQ sauce all over the table. You probably think I am making this up, but I promise that I am not. Do everyone on a date a favor and avoid wings. Save them for a time when you both know each other better. We are aiming for a good first impression, not to make the date disgusted.

2. Burritos and Tacos

I love tacos and burritos as much as the next girl, but they are so messy. They spill everywhere, the juice from the meat drips all over your hands and down your arms. From there the juice proceeds to be wiped onto your brand new jeans to leave a large grease stain near your bikini region... Cross off burritos and tacos from your meal list and thank me later.

3. Cheese Fondue

Cheese fondue is gross. The germs that are floating around in that huge pot along with the smell that accompanies it. It is very gross. Eww. The only fondue that I approve of is chocolate fondue. Less germs, and less bad smells. Save the fondue moment for dessert and skip the cheese.

4. Anything Pasta

People think that noodles and sauce are so romantic. If two dogs in a movie can suck on a noodle until their noses touch while a creepy chef plays romantic music around them, why can't two people have a moment like that? I will give you that answer: it is a sloppy mess that leaves sauce all over your face. It only appears tender because this is a children's movie and children's movies are supposed to be happy and passionate. Skip the pasta, and move on.

5. Anything With Heaps of Garlic

Garlic ties in with pasta on most occasions. It adds to the cruelty of the dish by giving you bad breath and making things awkward if you try to kiss each other good night. Like the pasta, skip it, and move on.

6. Deep Dish Pizza

Deep dish is gross. Don't eat it. The end.

7. Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are an amazing food. The only negative is that they are exactly like burritos. The jelly spills all over your hands, makes things sticky, and is one of those awkward mess foods. As good as this food item is, save it for a later date.

8. Any Type Of Fish

Fish smells. Fish has a tendency to not be properly cooked. Fish is just not smart. Do everyone a favor, don't order fish while on a first date.

9. Ribs

Ribs are just like wings.The are messy, the sauce gets everywhere. They are amazingly good, but gross. Gross is a typical word when deciding what to eat on a date. If it is going to make you think, "Well this is gross," do not eat it.

10. Oddly Cut Salads

I know. This is weird. I have gone to restaurants where they make oddly cut salads. This is a salad where some pieces are the size of a popcorn kernel and other pieces are the size of a lemon. This happens but you don't realize it until you are raising your fork to your mouth. When this happens it is too late. You have to proceed to cram this large forkful of lettuce into your mouth. This is embarrassing and awkward. Take it from me, avoid it.

11. Wings Again

I cannot stress enough that wings are a disgusting thing to eat on a first date. Your hands are disgusting, you are using an obnoxious amount of napkins and you are definitely not getting a second date. Avoid this food item at all costs.