11 Essential Experiences Of SUNY Delhi Freshmen

From Mac Attack to the Delhi Plague!
480

Everyone at SUNY Delhi has experienced at least one thing on this list. Some of these things might seem undesirable, but it is all apart of the college experience and helps us grow! For the incoming Freshmen: this is a sneak peak; and for the rest of us, a walk down memory lane!

1. The Freshman 15

All of your relatives warn you about it, but you think it's just a myth. Trust me: the Freshman 15 is real, very real. So be warned!

2. MAC ATTACK!

Welcome to Mac Dining, where everything you eat is going to leave your body twice as fast. Everyone at Delhi has heard, felt, or smelled the wrath of Mac Attack.

3. RA Troubles

Violating quiet hours? Drinking on campus? Lighting a candle in your room? Everyone gets caught for something. While the first time your RA writes you up is going to feel like the end of the world—trust me, I promise you will be ok.

4. First Frat Party

The first Friday of the semester, all of the Freshmen pile their way into a fraternity's basement. Just remember to be safe and have fun!

5. Being Bronco Broke :(

The crushing realization that you have no Bronco Bucks is a life-changing moment, especially when you are drunk at the C-Store at 1am. Who is going to buy you pizza Lunchables now?

6. The Delhi Plague

Like clockwork, every year, the Delhi Plague strikes the innocent student body of SUNY Delhi. The plague is not the common cold; I am pretty sure this plague is a strain from the Black Plague. No amount of hand sanitizer will save you.

7. Delhi's Lab Attire

Is this a scene from the Village People, or is it just some kids walking to class? With all of our unique majors like Nursing/Vet-Sci, Construction, Hospitality and so much more, our lab clothes end up looking a bit odd when we are all walking to class together. Can we YMCA to class? Let's make this happen, people!

8. Walking To Price Chopper Drunk

Conveniently located between fraternity houses and campus, Price Chopper is a pit stop for all party-going students (mainly the drunk ones).

9. Climbing The Hill To The Fitness Center

Only satan would put the gym and Clark Field House up a huge freaking hill. By the time I walk up the hill, my workout is #over.

10. The Brutal Cold

Remember that one time when it was 20 below with a wind chill for a whole week? Yeah, I try to black that out of my mind too...

11. Realizing You Made Friendships That Will Last A Life Time

You will meet your friends because of your major, because of your dorm, or maybe even because you both decided to wear that cat shirt on the first day of classes. The friends you make at SUNY Delhi will be some of the best you ever have. Shout out to all of my friends: I LOVE YOU!