11 Things You Can Do On Your Staycation This Year

Who needs the beach to have fun?

7
Google.com

Not everyone goes on a vacation for Spring Break, some people are just as relaxed in the comfort of their home with their moms cooking and their own bed. A lot of times, though, this means laying in bed 24 hours a day with a tub of ice cream. Here are some ideas if you don't like the idea of sitting in bed for a week straight:

1. Spring Clean

I started with this because it’s probably everyone’s least favorite thing to do, but there's no better time to do it.

2. Redecorate

I used to do this all the time when I lived at home. Go out and buy a new bedspread and some mini paper lanterns, Pinterest has a ton of cute ideas!

3. Take a day trip to visit a friend or family member

When you start getting older you don’t realize how little you see some of the most important people in your life, and if your grandparents are anything like mine they’ll have a hot meal waiting for you when you when you get there.

4. Shop

Find the nearest outlet mall and grab a friend for a day full of retail therapy!

5. Read a book

John Green and Nicholas Sparks are always great go to authors!

6. Netflix binge

Some of my favorites are New Girl, Grey's Anatomy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Office, Stuck in Love, Good Will Hunting, and The Wedding Date (they took Dirty Dancing off of Netflix but it deserved to be mentioned).

7. Catch up on sleep

We all know that college students are never caught up on sleep. So take a 5 hour nap every day, no one has to know!

8. Explore your hometown

Google if your town has any geocaching or historic building you don't know about. If you come up with nothing, try a neighboring town that you may have never been to.

9. Catch up on homework

We all know those end of semester projects were going to be put off until last minute anyways, so get a head start.

10. Have a sleepover

Get together with your other friends who opted to stay home, or a sibling and make the best of it!

11. Go to a show

Check out local arenas and theatres for musicals or small bands playing. Maybe even check out some local bars, they usually have small music groups playing inside.