11 Things You Did While Playing 'The Sims'

Raise your hand if your Sims have ever been personally victimized by you.

366

“The Sims” is a simple computer game with hours upon hours of fun to be had. Whether you just bought “The Sims 4” last year or grew up playing the original, we’ve all had some good times, as well as some good laughs, playing this game. If you’ve played the game long enough, you've probably done stuff like this to your Sims.

1. Kill them

No pool ladders, no problem — except for your Sim. If you've got a psychotic streak, you've probably killed your Sims in every way possible, from drowning to electrocution. You sick, messed up individual.

2. Color them non-human colors

You probably also decorated them with circus paint or every single tattoo on every part of their bodies.

3. Make them cheat on their significant others

Whether the husband turned out to be gay or decided to hook up with the maid, contriving scandals like these added excitement to the game (in a twisted way — but hey, better than killing innocent Sims).

4. Walk away leaving them on high free will

You were only gone for five minutes, but those bathroom and snack breaks often led to this.

5. Start a fire

Or maybe you started the fire on purpose after trapping your Sims inside the house. No matter how the fire started, it always ended with at least one of your Sims meeting their fiery doom.

6. Have a child with either a ghost or the Grim Reaper

Ghost babies! You heard about it or saw a picture of one and you knew you had to try it to see for yourself, because how cool?!

7. Have a child taken away by the social worker

This is also a common result of number four... but you'd have to be gone for a very long time for this to happen.

8. Attempt the Legacy challenge

Building a family tree was exciting — it was like telling a story. However, you probably quit the challenge after realizing how much you missed those cheats. You can do awesome stuff with them, like...

9. Make them filthy rich using the Motherlode cheat

Who doesn't love free money? This cheat was perfect if your family was just starting out. If only the Motherlode cheat worked in real life...

10. Recreate someone you know from your everyday life

However they treated you in real life would determine how their lives played out in the game. Most likely you recreated your crush so you could marry them, or you created a Sim based on someone you dislike and made them live a hard life. There wasn't much in between.

11. Pretend you actually understand what they are saying

Unless your Sims are gossiping and their dialogue appears as a message on the top right side, you really won't know what they're talking about. What if they're talking about you?

Nah, just kidding. But maybe.

“The Sims” is a fun, relaxing game with lots to explore, yet nothing to get frustrated over (unless you’re playing the Legacy challenge and struggling to play without cheats). No matter how busy you get with school or work, you can always come back to the game at any time.

How do you play “The Sims?” What are some of your favorite things to do in the game (besides kill Sims, of course)? Tell us in the comments!