11 Things Only Excessive Planners Will Understand

Nothing could be worse than the phrase "change in plans"

106

I've never been able to be spontaneous. When I was younger, the expression "we'll play it by ear" was my least favorite because I didn't like to leave plans up in the air. To this day I'm still uncomfortable hanging out with friends or traveling to a new city without a clear plan in place. I practically sleep with my color coded planner, already thinking about which restaurant I should make reservations at for dinner a week in advance. People may call this "excessive," but they just don't understand. Here are 10 things us "excessive" planners can totally relate to.

1. Dropping $60 on a giant planner with laminated tabs

It's so hard to find just the right size and pattern. Forget online clothes shopping, I could spend 5 hours and $500 online planner shopping.

2. Getting anxious when someone suggests trying a new restaurant

But I haven't looked at the menu and planned out what I'm going to eat...

3. Getting thrown completely off-balance when you're taken out of your daily routine

What do you mean the gym is closed from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. for construction? When will I fit in my yoga class?

4. Having class registration day marked on your calendar like a national holiday

Your friends know better than to text you the day classes for next semester are released -- you're too busy planning out the best routes to walk to class.

5. When someone changes plans at the last minute[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F04%2F636112162318428874-779165371_serena-checking-phone.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=184&h=1d3737a85b7ff97f4bdc9259fad3154e28a6026ea9ef412f89036bc328ce7d08&size=980x&c=2007136082 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F04%252F636112162318428874-779165371_serena-checking-phone.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D184%26h%3D1d3737a85b7ff97f4bdc9259fad3154e28a6026ea9ef412f89036bc328ce7d08%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2007136082%22%7D" expand=1]

You're waiting at the ice cream place near school, 15 minutes early as always, when your friend texts you saying that she's not coming. You suddenly wish you still had a '90s flip phone so you could dramatically slam it shut.

6. Always having a 5- or 10- or 15-year plan

Where do I hope to be in 10 years? Well specifically I want to be sitting in my own office with my goldendoodle, Buster, laying at my feet while I edit the next best selling novel and sip on my caramel cappuccino. Too much?

7. Asking a guy if he wants kids on the first date

Well if he does, it's not going to work and why waste my time? Why mentally plan my life with a guy that wants a kid when I don't?

8. Making 5 different "to-do" lists for one day

Bored in class? Make a long-term to-do list. I have always wanted to learn Italian...

9. Asking your mom what she's making for dinner tomorrow night

Is it a crime to want to know whether I should be preparing to eat chicken or steak??

10. Mentally planning out outfits for every day of the week

11. Reading through half of this article and already thinking about what you should do when you're done