11 Things Junior Year Taught Me

11 Things Junior Year Taught Me

Thanks for all the lessons.

116
11 Things Junior Year Taught Me
Taylor Robinson

My junior year is wrapping up and I've been thinking a lot about everything that has happened and I've learned this year. It seems like so much has happened in this past year and I've grown more than I ever could have imagined. So, in honor of junior year finally ending. Here are a few things I've learned along the way:

1. Don't trust everyone so easily.

Whenever you meet someone it is so easy to assume you can trust them right away. I have such a bad habit of trusting everyone I meet so quickly with everything. However, if I have learned anything this year, it is that I can't trust everyone. Be careful who you share everything with.

2. Go to class and value your education.

I am amazed at how many people I meet in college who skip class on the regular and don't care. Value your education. Not everyone is lucky enough to get to go to college. Find a major you're 100 percent passionate about and go to class. You pay for it and you should value it.

3. Cut off, negative people.

There is literally no reason at all to keep negative people around. It's okay to cut them off and it's okay to not talk to them. Don't be afraid to cut out people who don't make you happy and only bring you negativity.

4. Take time for self-care.

Take time for self-care for yourself. Do things for yourself. Make time to be alone and do things for yourself. Self-care can be a variety of things but do it. Take a hot shower, watch your favorite Netflix show, go on a walk, read a book or whatever else you want.

5. College isn't forever.

College isn't forever. In 5 years or so, all of this probably won't even matter. Don't let the little things bring you down or stress you out. I know it's easier said than done, but trust me. Just remember this won't all matter in the end.

6. Don't waste your time on boys.

Sure, we all want to find the perfect guy. But it is not the only thing in the world. Stop wasting time with shitty guys and never cry over a stupid boy. They aren't worth it.

7. You are enough.

I constantly ask myself why I'm not good enough. Then I realized, I am enough. Forget about anyone or anything that doesn't make me feel that.

8. Kill them with kindness.

So many people will try to bring you down with mean girl behavior or negativity. If I've learned anything, it is to kill them with kindness. It will drive them nuts.

9. Treat yourself.

It's okay to treat yourself every once in a while. Rather it is to a drink, shopping or your favorite pizza. Just treat yo' self sometimes.

10. The future is bright.

I hate thinking of the future. I always think there is no way I will get an internship or a job, but then I experienced a lot of amazing opportunities this semester and realized the future is really bright.

11. Surround yourself with good people.

You are the company you keep. Surrond yourself with good people who motivate you and bring the best out of you.