11 Super Affordable Beauty Products Perfect For Your Holiday Party

Quality beauty products don't have to break the bank

24
123RF

It's that time again: the most wonderful time of the year! We have officially kicked off the holiday season since the holiday drinks at Starbucks are available and everyone in the Macy's and J.C. Penny commercials are overly-excited about the fake snow falling in front of them (probably because they drank their Starbucks). Let's face it, the holidays are as stressful as they are exciting. You love your family, but everyone being in one place after a few glasses of egg nog and a pumpkin pie sugar rush tends to be a recipe for some crazy shenanigans. But fear not, because I have a list of 11 beauty products I swear by that won't break the bank and will leave you looking fabulous for the holidays...and you'll still have enough cash left over for awesome gifts, making you stress less!

1. Rimmel London Provocalips 16 Hour Kiss Proof Lip Colour

This. Is. Amazing. This product acts as a lip stain, lipstick and lip gloss all in one tube. The two-step lip color provides dramatic color that won't flake off or smudge. The best part is it is only around $7 and a little goes a long way! I wore this during Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. Even after eating and drinking all day long, the color was still there and didn't fade at all. Perfect for under the mistletoe.

2. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Not only is this mascara a steal for around $4, it makes your lashes fuller and longer with just 1-2 coats. This is one of the only mascaras I have used that won't flake after a few hours. If you're daring, this mascara comes in tons of different colors you can try. With a waterproof option, as well, it is a perfect addition to your makeup bag for a festive holiday event.

3. Mary Kay Timewise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation

This foundation is a staple in my makeup bag. I have used this foundation for over ten years and will never switch. If you have oily or combination skin, this is the foundation for you. For dry skin, MK provides a luminous version that won't clog your pores. If you're pressed for time thanks to waiting in the holiday lines at the store, this will cover most freckles, dark spots, and uneven skin tone without concealer. MK offers more shade options than many other big name brands. Although it seems more of a splurge at $22, don't let the bottle fool you. A dime-sized amount will cover your whole face and the bottle will last you 2-3 months. Be sure to contact a MK consultant to purchase (hint hint: contact me).

4. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color

With tons of different shades, this Sally Hansen nail color is imperative for the girl on the go who doesn't have time to get a professional manicure or sit and wait for her nails to dry. Not only does this nail color save you time, it saves you tons of cash, priced at around $4 per bottle, so you can buy the fancy wrapping paper this year. It dries within 5 minutes and provides rich, vibrant color.

5. Burt's Bees Makeup Remover Wipes

Burt's Bees really outdid themselves with these top-notch makeup remover wipes. With options for dry, oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin types, these are a steal for only around $5 a pop. These wipes remove all of your makeup gently while replenishing your tired skin from your busy day over the river and through the woods at grandma's house, helping you unwind and feel fresh without worrying about harsh chemicals irritating your skin.

6. Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer

Here's another product in which you shouldn't let the bottle fool you. When Maybelline says "master conceal", they mean it! A little goes a really long way. I work very long, late hours that leave my eyes looking tired and suffer from dark circles under them most of the time. Since you'll probably be relentlessly baking Christmas cookies or your mom put you in charge of the stuffing this year for Thanksgiving dinner, it is a must-have item. This is the only concealer I have used that not only covers my circles and other dark spots, but neutralizes the spots I cover so it doesn't have that "cakey" look. For less than $9, this concealer is undoubtedly the best bang for your buck.

7. Not Your Mother's - "Clean Freak" Dry Refreshing Shampoo

Sometimes we have to choose what's more important in the morning: an extra 20 minutes of sleep or washing your hair. Well, luckily you can get those extra 20 minutes with this killer dry shampoo. It's easy to use, smells great, and doesn't make your hair look dull or powdery. It only takes 3 minutes between the application and brushing your hair to get that fresh-washed feeling and look, so you can concentrate on cooking the best turkey anyone's ever had. Plus, a 7 oz. can costs under $5!

8. Elf Cosmetics 11-Piece Brush Set

A good set of makeup brushes is hard to come by when you can't spend and arm and a leg. Elf (Eyes, Lips, Face) offers an 11-piece, professional quality brush set that includes all of the essentials for only $30. Most of the time, their website promotes sales and offers too good to pass up. You can usually get free products with a purchase of a certain amount or a decent percentage off of the original prices. These brushes are easy to clean, too, making them perfect for a busy day Christmas shopping.

9. CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder

For someone with super oily skin, this powder has saved me from a countless number of beauty blunders and shiny face syndrome. This powder locks everything in place as a finishing powder. Also, it is pigmented enough to use as a sheer-cover powder foundation if you just want a little coverage to run to the grocery store to pick up the cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes. An extra bonus: it can double as an emergency dry shampoo for roots, just like baby powder. Grab one for around $5 and it will last you for months.

10. Revlon ColorStay Creme Gel Eyeliner

I love gel eyeliner, but I absolutely hate losing the tiny brush that comes with the liner. Revlon solved that problem by actually building the brush into the bottle! This eyeliner goes on smooth and is easy to correct if you make a mistake. We all know it takes a ton of practice to get eyeliner just right. Once it dries, Revlon promises this product is smudge-free for up to 24 hours. Gel liner lasts close to forever, so an investment of about $8 is low enough to buy all the Christmas gifts you need without having to go on the Ramen Noodle diet.

11. Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Tea Lather & Lotion Gift Set

Last but certainly not least, this stress relieving gift set represents the best $20 you'll ever spend. Why? Because the holidays are stressful! Use the body wash and foam bath to relax and unwind, then following with the body lotion to calm down via aromatherapy eucalyptus tea scents. B&BW also offers spearmint and lavender scents if that tickles your fancy. Remember how I said "gift set"? This makes a great gift for anyone in the family or friends. B&BW also usually has tempting sales going on this time of year, so you can stock up on gifts for everyone...and yourself!