11 Spooky Disney Channel Original Movies

"Being normal is vastly overrated."

5030
ABC Newa

Disney Channel by far made some of the best (and some of the most cringe-worthy) Halloween DCOMs. I once convinced myself that I was from Halloween Town, and my friends and I used to play "Twitches" every October. Watching Disney Channel during Halloween is still something I love to do. Here are 11 of the best and worst Disney Channel Original Halloween Movies.

1. The Halloween Town Series

Halloween Town, Halloween Town 2: Kalabar's Revenge, Halloween Town High, and Return to Halloween Town are the four films that are in this awesome series. I always wanted to be Marni are go to Halloween town and have awesome adventures just like she and her siblings did. However, Return to Halloween Town had me throwing hands as a kid. Did Disney Channel really expect us not to notice that Kimberly J. Brown just turned into Sarah Paxton? I know that there is magic in that universe, but not that much magic.

2. Hocus Pocus

So Hocus Pocus isn't really a DCOM, but it is a Disney movie. Hocus Pocus is by far my favorite Halloween movie. It plays on Disney Channel every year, and on the 13 Nights of Halloween on Freeform. The witches are crazy, especially Mary, the jokes are cheesy, and the spirit of Halloween really does shine in this movie. Hocus Pocus is a classic Halloween Movie. I think it is definitely the A Christmas Story of Halloween.

3. The Little Vampire

Okay...I love this movie. When Disney mixed the kid from Stuart Little with vampires, my life was made. This movie had me CONVINCED that I was a vampire or that if I whistled like in the movie, all of my vampire friends would come hang out with me. I also believed that my house hid a secret necklace that summoned vampires. I had a very big imagination... or maybe I just believed everything I saw on Tv.

4. Twitches and Twitches 2

Tia and Tamera Mowry are a power house duo. When Twitches first came out, I thought it was the scariest movie on Disney Channel. That "darkness" that followed them around gave me nightmares for weeks, and the artwork in the movie gave me the creeps.

5. Phantom of the Megaplex

I love a good play on words. Phantom of the Megaplex is Disney's take on Phantom of the Opera. If you don't remember what this iconic movie is about, three kids begin to investigate some suspicious activity the opening night of a scary movie. The movie theatre is said to be haunted by a phantom, so the kids do some snooping to find out the true identity of this phantom. I won't spoil the rest for you. This movie is filled with some cringe-worthy outfits, a cheesy love story, and some jump scares.

6. Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire

Another cringy, but spooky Disney movie. Two super 90s looking kids set their mom up on a date with a guy they later think is a vampire. The two kids then hire a vampire slayer to "take care of him." It turns out the date is a vampire. Once everything is fixed up, the vampire slayer totally slide's into the mom's DMs. This movie is underrated in my opinion. It's totally funny and has a pretty notable cast as well.

7. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Again, not a DCOM, but a movie by Disney. The Nightmare Before Christmas is more than just a film worshiped by 2011 emo kids. It has become so well liked over the past few years. It plays every Halloween and Christmas. It's spooky art style and musical numbers

8. Don't Look Under the Bed

Another cringe worthy movie filled with 90s fashion and some corny jokes. This movie is all about the Boogyman, yes, the Boogyman. Some strange things happen in an strange town to some strangely smart kids. This is one movie that really screams 90s, but also used to scare me as a kid.

9. Mostly Ghostly: Who Let the Ghosts Out

Okay, I know you remember this movie. While it's not really a "DCOM Classic," it always scared the sh*t out of me. It starts a wild cast that consists of a boy who never had another acting job, Lindsay Lohan's hot sister, queen Madison Pettis, and the janitor from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. It was about two ghost siblings who meet a kid who is the only one who can see them. Somehow they get trapped in an alternate universe that you can only get to by going into the kid's basement. Makes a lot of sense. Very convenient.

10. Under Wraps

This was Disney's first DCOM, which is a huge deal. This movie was released while most of us weren't even born yet. This classic tale is all about a mummy named Harold discovered by some 12-year olds. And of course, they add a mummy love story. Disney wouldn't have it any other way.

11. The Scream Team

Another DCOM you probably don't remember. The Scream Team actually came out on TV in 2002. I honestly can't say much about this movie, because I haven't seen it in years. From what I can remember, its about kids who capture ghosts? I really need to go watch this movie. Disney Channel, where you at?

These are some of Disney's classics. Disney Channel continues to make some Halloween movies, but these will always be the OG of Halloween DCOMS. Will you be watching any of these this Halloween?

From Your Site Articles