11 Signs You're The Phoebe Of Your Friend Group

"I'm a really cool person."

281
google images

If someone even tries to tell me they've never spent hours deciding which "Friends" character they are, I probably won't believe them. Everyone has, right? I know I've pondered this life question many times throughout the years and don't regret a second of it.

Phoebe Buffay isn't your run of the mill, average woman. She's one beautiful soul who accepts everyone and embraces everything life has to offer. I feel like her character is definitely overlooked when it comes to all the other friends, but I have no clue why.

There is nothing wrong with being the Phoebe of your friend group, and here's why:

1. Good or bad, you are creative

Maybe your love is for guitar playing and writing songs about just about everything that you feel and think like Phoebe, or maybe not. You could just use other creative outlets like art and writing. Either way, you have that creative side to you that everyone appreciates. You put yourself and your passion out there for everyone to see; and whether you're good or bad they love you for it.

2. Loving animals is unconditional

Whether it's smelly cats or a stranger's dog you pet on the sidewalk for five minutes, you have a weak place for animals. You cry harder when the family pet dies in a movie than you do when it's the main character, and you'd rather spend time cuddling with your dog than a significant other. Maybe you already don't eat meat or you've thought about trying it hundreds of times, because you have an appreciation for all living things.

3. Honesty is your only policy

Getting right to the point is the way you like to get things done. No time for bullsh*t or sugar coating when it comes to you. Sometimes, people may think you're too brutally honest, but is there really such a thing?

4. You own your confidence

You've never been a fan of throwing a pity party when it comes to yourself. You know your worth and aren't afraid to embrace it. You work hard on being the best version of yourself, physically and mentally, so your personality radiates that.

5. Getting your life together isn't easy

When it comes to day-to-day life, you have that under control, but the long term plan is a whole different picture. You can barely plan your clothing out for a vacation, let alone plan your life out longer than a week's worth in advance. Living in the moment has just become your way of life, because planning for the future isn't something you're good at.

6. Experimenting with fashion

You don't really ever follow the crowd, let alone with the clothing you wear. You dress how you want and when you want, with no regard to what anyone, and especially any man, thinks of it. You're not afraid to try new things, even though sometimes they turn out ridiculous.

7. No such thing as "too close" with friends

Personal space and too much information just isn't in your vocabulary when it comes to your friends. You have no issues blurting out stories that may seem awkward or uncomfortable for others. When it comes down to it, you would make out with your guy friend to tell him if he's a bad kisser, and you'd try to seduce your best friend's boyfriend to see if he would cheat.

8. Food is why you go on dates

Men are just a small aspect of your life that you entertain in your spare time. You aren't overly obsessed with going on a dates, but you aren't one to turn down a free meal.

9. But you know the importance of soulmates

You might never take first dates seriously, but when you meet the right one you know the importance of that. You work hard to be appreciative and committed when the you realize you've found someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Once you find your lobster you are ready to stay together for life.

10. You have a heart of gold

It's possible you believed in Santa until you were in high school and will trust just about anything your friends tell you. Your first instinct is to believe the ones you love, not question them. While some people might just think you're gullible, the truth is you just have a big heart that see's the best in the world and the people around you.

11. Friends and family come first

Maybe you didn't give birth to your brother's children, but you would do anything for your family and friends when it comes down to it. You put the people you love first, even before yourself. Whether it's noon or midnight you would be there in a heartbeat when someone you love is in need—and they love you for it.