12 Signs You Left Seattle For College

12 Signs You Left Seattle For College

A part of your heart will always be in the 206.

75
12 Signs You Left Seattle For College
Wikipedia

There's something special about Seattle. It's a combination of the city, the people, the food, and the atmosphere. No other city can beat it. Even though when you left for school you were definitely ready to leave, there's a part of your heart that will always be in the 206.

1. You gain 10 pounds every time you come home

2. You were rocking Birkenstocks and socks way before the trend hit your college

3. One of these is your favorite view

4. It still feels strange going to the grocery story and not be guilted for forgetting your canvas bags

5. You still don't know if you should be happy about the guilt-free shopping experience, or sad because, well, the environment

6. Going to college taught you that "Seattle" is just another word for "any city west of the cascades"

7. There's only a tinge of snottiness in your voice when you tell someone that you're from Seattle-Seattle.

8. Nobody else understands kegs, but you don't really understand high school house parties. (You're definitely still mourning the loss of the bridges to nowhere)

9. This was your reaction when you left Seattle and realized that there are nice, normal people in the world who are *gasp* republican

10. Every time you go home there's about 10 new skyscrapers and 100 new apartment complexes, and it's kind of scaring you

11. People assume you love the rain, but really the only thing more Seattle than rain is constantly complaining about the rain

12. What used to be a healthy dose of hometown pride has become extremely obnoxious, but you're OK with that