11 Secretly Spooky Halloween Songs

11 Secretly Spooky Halloween Songs

You have more options than Thriller

42
11 Secretly Spooky Halloween Songs
Hallam

It's that time of the year again! Jack-o-lanterns, black cats and spooky ghosts. October is upon us, and there's nothing like some spooky jams to get you into the Halloween spirit. Not everyone loves this holiday, and I've annoyed my fair share of roommates and family members with The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. In order to bring a more secretive spookiness to my playlist, I opt for songs that aren't overtly about Halloween, but still satisfy my eerie song cravings. If eleven songs isn't enough, click here for even more creepy tunes!

1. Creep by Radiohead

Because at the end of the day, we are all creepy in our own way.

2. Cannibal by Kesha

The only pop song I've ever heard that references Jeffery Dahmer. Definitely not good for a kid's Halloween party.

3. I Want Candy by the Strangeloves

One of the goals of Halloween night: get lots of sugary sweets!

4. Demons by Imagine Dragons

What's scarier than facing off with Satan's evil spawn? Actually facing your inner demons. I'd rather fight the former.

5. Black Widow by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora

It isn't Halloween if there aren't a couple of creepy crawlies skulking around.

6. The Devil Went Down to Georgia by Primus

Who taught Satan to play the fiddle? The world may never know.

7. Black Magic by Little Mix

Bubblegum pop with a witchy twist!

8. Midnight City by M83

Technically the witching hour is between 3 and 4 AM, but midnight will do for those of us who like going to bed at a decent hour.

9. Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran

Exactly how hungry are wolves?

10. Bad Blood by Taylor Swift

A vampire's worst nightmare: bad blood.

11. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy

Nothing escapes the all seeing eye of Fall Out Boy.