Recently, they've been blowing up the internet. Everywhere you look is a sloth video. But what do you actually know about them? They're slow? Check. They sleep a lot? Perhaps. So, I'm here to give you a few fun facts about the worlds greatest mammal. Or should I say mammals.
1. Sloths come in two varieties: two-toed and three-toed.
2. Sloths all have three toes... the two-toed only have two fingers.
3. Sloths can live to be 40 years old.
4. Sloths only sleep about 10 hours a day (that's less than most of you!).
5. Sloths go to the bathroom the same place every time - so basically they use a bathroom.
6. Sloths only go TO said bathroom once a week.
7. Sloths are wonderful swimmers.
8. Sloths, like college students, are nocturnal.
9. Sloth fur is covered in algae.
10. Sloths have a four-part stomach, which is why they don't go to the bathroom often.
11. Sloths can legally be kept as pets in certain states (at least...they don't say you can't...).
Now doesn't that make you want to go out and hold a baby sloth? I know I want to! So check with your state and see if you're eligible to keep one of these precious creatures for your own. But here's a quick warning: if you can't keep a room around 80 degrees Fahrenheit then you're going to have some issues...