11 Reasons Why Faith Is Important

11 Reasons Why Faith Is Important

Faith is vital to the Christian walk, and it is talked about throughout the Bible. Here are just a few of those examples.

10401
Eleventh Element

Faith. I believe that the church today has grossly underestimated the importance of faith. It is essential, in every Christian walk, to enact faith in all that we do. Faith goes beyond just salvation; it is the doorway that enables God to work both in and through us. Faith helps us grow, can change lives, moves mountains, and allows miracles to happen. Here are some of the many, many verses that depict the importance of faith.

1. Hebrews 11:1 NLT
"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."

2. Ephesians 2:8 AMP
"For it is by grace [God's remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God."

3. Matthew 17:20 ESV
"... For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

4. Romans 1:16-17 KJV
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

5. Matthew 9:20-22 NLT
"Just then a woman who had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding came up behind Him. She touched the fringe of His robe, for she thought, 'If I can just touch His robe, I will be healed.' Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, 'Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.' And the woman was healed at that moment."

6. II Corinthians 5:7 NKJV
"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

7 James 2:14-17 NLT
"What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, 'Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well'--but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
"So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless."

8. I Corinthians 16:13-14 NIV
"Be on guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love."

9. Matthew 21:21-22 AMPC
"And Jesus answered them, 'Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea," it will be done. And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive.'"

10. Ephesians 6:16 ESV
"In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one."

11. I Corinthians 13:13 NLT
"Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love."