11 Reasons To Own A Pet Dog

11 Reasons To Own A Pet Dog

Cats are cool, but not as cool as dogs.

59
11 Reasons To Own A Pet Dog
Seth Casteel

Perhaps said best by Roger Caras: "We derive immeasurable good, uncounted pleasures, enormous security, and many critical lessons about life by owning dogs." Dogs are only with us for a short period of our lives, but for them, we are their whole lives. Here are 11 reasons why you should experience a man's best hand, first hand!

1. They make great alarm clocks!

Thinking about sleeping late for work? Maybe sleeping in on a Saturday? Don't count on it! Rest assure no matter the day or time, don't be surprised to be woken up by an eager paw, cold/wet nose or the pitiful whimpers of your dog needing to go outside.

2. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is exercise important for us humans, it is also important for your furry friend. Having a dog with lots of energy is a super easy way to get outside and be active! Their love of pouncing, playful "downward dog" poses and sprinting like wild donkeys in circles around your house or yard will show to be contagious, and soon enough you will find yourself joining into their playful antics.

3. They are exceptional floor cleaners.

From dead bugs to dropped crumbs, having a good dog around will have your kitchen floors looking spotless!

4. Feeling dirty? They'll bathe you with their kisses.

Spill a little sauce on your arm or shirt? No worries! Your dog will not only lick it off for you, but continue to lick you as if they're trying to tell you to get in the shower...

5. Dogs make the best listeners.

From bulldog to dachshund, pets everywhere have been voted best listeners by their owners. It's weird; even though they can only communicate with body language, dogs really do seem to understand what we have to say and they're always willing to listen... Well, most of the time. Thankfully, if they aren't, most can be bribed with a treat of some sort!

6. They will love you unconditionally.

From listening to cuddling, to being just all around best friends, there are few things you can do to ever make this kind-hearted creature not love you. You don't have to buy their love or fake it, dogs will love you no matter what by just showing them a little bit of TLC (tender loving care). The sad reality is that even dogs coming from abuse and neglect still love their owners and will stand next to them through the thick and thin.

7. They are always around to make you laugh.

No explanation needed! Anyone who has ever had a dog or ever been around a dog knows this is very true, from the silly faces to playful antics.

8. Dogs are natural born protectors.

Whether you're a feeble, elderly woman or a trained soldier, there are times where you will experience vulnerability. Dogs can help protect from home invasions, carjackings or any form of attack by a single assailant or group. Don't think dogs are that ferocious in a protective setting? Try to get between an owner and their dog, and see what the dog does.

9. Dogs are the best greeters!

If you're gone for five minutes, five hours or even five days, what better way to walk through that door than with the warm welcome of your dog? Even better than that unexpected wake up call mentioned above, walking through that door will get you more hugs and kisses than you could ever imagine! Every period of time is the same to them; no matter how long you're gone, all your pet can think of is your return.

10. They are the most comfortable pillows.

Dirty sheets? No problem! Find a pup who is a big enough to snuggle up to, put on your favorite pajama pants and simply close your eyes.

11. They will always be happy no matter what!

Possibly the best reason to have a dog is this one. Pictured here is a golden retriever who was stung by several wasps, and still has a smile that is easily contagious. After being posted, this picture went viral all over the web for weeks with families all over the nation rooting for this happy-go-lucky little pup.

Bottom line... Everyone needs a dog in their life!!!!