11 Reasons Your Group Chat With The Girls Is The Most Important
Friendships

Every important decision has to be run through at least five sets of ears before any action is taken on it, everyone knows that.

509

There are many jokes on the Internet about girls' group chats carrying more secrets than the FBI, and screenshots that could destroy someone's life. But, group chats offer more than people think.

They are electronic support groups us girls rely on on a daily basis for support, fun and just overall love. Here are just some of the reasons why your group chat with your closest girlfriends is the most important group chat you will ever be in.

1. It's the perfect place to vent about anything and everything. 

This is probably the number one reason that girls dive into group chats late at night. There is something so satisfying about angrily typing a book-length paragraph about something that upset you.

Did you and your boyfriend get in a fight? Did you have a bad day at work? If anything bad happens to you, you can vent about to your girls, at any time of the day or night. They will read that entire paragraph and respond accordingly. Of course, what is said in the group chat, stays in the group chat.

2. It's your number one source for breaking news.

Did one of your friends get dumped? Did someone at work get fired? Did someone get too mimosa-drunk at brunch? The group chat is going to be the first place you hear about it, and you'll be updated with all of the events as they happen.

3. It's the place to go if you want a thorough background check on anyone and everyone.

In case you weren't aware, girls in their friend group chat are actually investigative journalists, particularly if one of them meets a new guy. Do you only have his first name and his current town? Not a problem whatsoever. We can find all his social media accounts and his high school track photo in five seconds flat, all with screenshots and works cited to back it up.

4. They help you out when you don't know how to respond to a text.

Admit it, we've all screenshotted a conversation and sent to the group to ask, "What do I even say to this?" Within seconds, your girls will read the conversation screenshot and reply with what you should respond. This is especially helpful when texting someone new and you don't want to come across as crazy.

5. It's the best place to make plans. 

Instead of texting everyone individually, you can simply shoot your shot in the group chat and invite everyone with just one message! You can simply send, "happy hour at the usual place at 6?" Within minutes, everyone should respond yes or no. While making plans in the group chat can sometimes be complicated, especially with everyone's differing schedules, I truly believe it's the most efficient way to do it.

You can also stay on top of your plans in the group chat by texting things like, "what are you wearing?" and "I'm on my way." A common phrase in the group chat is also, "where are you?"

6. It serves as a jury on what to wear, or what clothes to buy.

If you don't send mirror selfies of the cute bikini you are thinking about buying to your girls, then what's the point? Their "yay" or "nay" may be the deciding factor on whether or not you actually buy that shirt that you're thinking of impulse-buying for the third time that week. This also applies if you are getting ready to go out and trying to decide from the clothes you already own.

7. It's the place to help choose which Instagram photo to post, and with what caption.

Let's be honest, ladies. How many times have we sent two or three of virtually the same photo of ourselves and asked, "which one?" and then spent 30 minutes editing it and drafting a caption. Then, once it is posted, your girls will be the first ones to hop on Instagram, like the photo and comment some heart eye emojis.

8. You can go there for a cheerleading squad's worth of support.

Whenever you are feeling down or stressed about something, all you have to do is mention it in the group chat and be faced with a tsunami of overwhelming support about how amazing you are and how you can totally do anything you put your mind to. Are you walking into your chemistry final? Expect a bunch of messages saying "good luck" and "you'll do great!"

9. It's the place to send (and receive) funny memes from all over the Internet. 

Sometimes you see a meme or a Tweet that your girls just have to see. I love getting a notification from my group chat and seeing that it is a screenshot of a funny post on Facebook or Twitter, especially if it is relevant to some inside joke that we have together.

Group memes are the best memes, everyone knows that.

10. If you work together, it's the place to discuss all things work. 

Without actually doing it at work. Nothing is off-limits in the group chat. Workplace gossip, shift-swaps and complaining about how stressed you are about that one thing that you have to do by next week is the number one conversation starter.

11. It's the best way to keep in touch with your girlfriends. 

Daily snaps and updates from your friends is a great way to keep in touch, especially if you don't see each other all the time. What would we do without them?