11 Reasons Why 30A Is The Best Vacation Spot

America's best kept secret until now!

340
Hannah Jones

30A is the highway that runs along Florida's gulf coast in Walton County. It offers an array of activities and is becoming increasingly famous for a little town called Seaside, FL. There are 11 reasons to why 30A is the best vacation spot in the US!

1. Location

Located between Destin and Panama City Beach, 30A offers a more relaxed and family orientated atmosphere. Families from Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, and even Arkansas drive hours to visit the beautiful beaches and unique towns.

2. Beaches

30A offers some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Florida. While 30A beaches are beautiful, they are also clean. Walton County works hard to preserve the beaches for their natural beauty. So leave your shoes on the porch and take a stroll on the white sandy beaches of 30A!

3. Towns

Along 30A, you will find small towns and beach communities. Starting with Dune Allen Beach and ending with Inlet Beach. The most famous towns and communities include: Blue Mountain Beach, Grayton Beach, WaterColor, Seaside, Seagrove, Alys Beach, and Rosemary Beach. Each community is unique based on shops, restaurants, architecture, and atmosphere. (Personal favorite: Seaside).

4. Bikes

Once you get to 30A, leave your cars parked and rent a couple of bikes for the week. Everyone on 30A rents "beach cruisers" to get from Point A to Point B for the week. You will see bikes parked on every corner and at every house up and down 30A. Don't forget your bike lingo when you ride, "on your left!"

4. Restaurants

From The Red Bar to The Great Southern Cafe, 30A offers delicious, fresh food to those who visit. Whether you're looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, 30A has it all. (Personal favorite: Vanilla pancakes from The Perfect Pig).

5. Sweet Treats

What's the beach without a sweet treat? The 30A Pop Stop in Seagrove offers hand-crafted popsicles. Frost Bites in Seaside offers shaved ice and custard. New on the block is Mr. Frozen at The Hub on 30A which offers hand-dipped ice cream. Check out these yummy places on a hot summer day!

6. Food Trucks

Seaside has a whole line up of food trucks that sit right on 30A. Whether you're looking for BBQ, a grilled cheese, or even an organic smoothie, Seaside's food trucks has it. (Personal favorite: Barefoot BBQ's mac and cheese).

7. Coastal Lakes

Along 30A, you will find coastal lakes that run into the Gulf of Mexico. 30A is one of the only places in the world you can find this unique geographical feature. Some of the most famous pictures of 30A include a coastal lake, the sand dunes, and the ocean!

8. Shopping

Cute boutiques, local jewelry, and famous Seaside t-shirts can be found on 30A. There is something for just about everyone! Old Florida Outfitters, Deja Vu, and Perspicacity are some of the vacationers favorites. Be sure to check out the new shops at The Hub!

9. Concerts

30A is known to have live music on just about every corner. Seaside has an amphitheater which has concerts every Wednesday night throughout the summer. Gulf Place and The Hub also offer live music many nights of the week during the summer. My favorite concert of all time is the symphony orchestra that plays in Seaside during the week of the 4th of July!

10. The Locals

There's nothing better than a couple of locals to show ya the ropes! Many locals own and operate businesses on 30A. If you need an opinion on a place to eat or a suggestion on the best place to buy bikes, just ask around. I'm sure a loyal local will point you in the right direction!

11. Activities

Whether you're in to biking, paddle boarding, kayaking, or running, 30A has it. A running/bike path runs along the whole stretch of 30A for those dedicated marathoners and the leisurely bike riders. The coastal lakes are great for paddle boarding or "YOLO" boarding. Take a kayak out on the ocean and look for dolphins. No matter your interest, you can find some fun on 30A!