11 Places For Single People To Hang Out At SHSU

An answer to the life-long question, "Where are the boys at?"

25

In today's day and age, dating is nearly impossible. Everybody has an agenda, and they are all attempting to play the game. You've tried Tinder, and letting your besties set you up, but it just isn't happening for you. It can be hard trying to meet someone new. Especially if your love life happens to resemble something similar to this:

Look, let's be honest and just admit it does. We don't have to be happy about it though! Take a deep breath. It's OK. We are all riders of the struggle bus. Boys are a mystery, and not in the cute and fun "Nancy Drew" kind of way, but more like the mystery and confusion that comes from trying to solve a calculus problem. Luckily, for all my beautiful Bearkats (and any and every other single girl in college), I've done the research (you're welcome), and here are 11 places on campus to meet your one and only.

1. The Smith-Hutson Business Building

While "business" is probably the most general and unassuming major of all time, it's a respectable one. Plus, this is basically a written guarantee that he'll have a big boy job. Also, every girl's crazy about a sharply dressed man.

2. The Newton-Gresham Library

Isn't it every girl's dream to get hit on in the library? He sees you through the shelves and is blown away by your sweet and subtle beauty...right?

3. The Rec Center

Obvi, the more muscular guys will be found in the rec center. So put on your workout pants and show him who's the man! Well, the Wo-Man.

4. The Dining Halls

After your extreme workout, you are going to be starving. Plus, boys love a girl with an appetite, right? So fill that plate! Pizza sandwich anyone?

5. Pritchett Field

After gorging yourself, you should probably walk some of that off. If you pass by Pritchett field, join one of the soccer games! Show off your A1 soccer skills. Shirts or skins?

6. The FieldHouse

If athletic guys are your type, hang out around the Fieldhouse. One has to walk out eventually, right? Plus, he'll be too worn out to say no. Jackpot!

7. The Book Store

School supplies are necessary in order to succeed. Head on down to the LSC and get yourself some! Tell your kids you met grabbing the same pack of pencils. *dreamy sigh*

8. Any Of The Computer Labs

Boys definitely need to study too. Creep around the lab and ask for help connecting a printer. Everybody wants to be needed, right?

9. The George J Beto CJ Center

Law enforcement is kind of a big deal around here, meaning you have a 97 percent chance of finding a hottie in there. Who can say no to a man in uniform?

10. The Lee Drain Building

The Lee Drain building is for you if you enjoy the doctor-y, science, nerdy type. Go get your very own personal McDreamy, girl!

11. The Mall Area

OK, in a last ditch attempt at meeting a cute boy, just pick one to stalk through the mall area. Sunglasses not mandatory, but possibly helpful.

I hope that this list was helpful. After a very single and very lonely V-day spent eating disgusting amounts of candy, and crying uncontrollably during your Rom-Com movie binge...use this list to get back in the saddle and boost your chances of love.... practice makes perfect, right?