To The Person Who Struggles With Being Patient, Read These 11 Bible Verses

Patience: the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

43

One thing I've realized as I've gotten older is that we are all waiting for something. Even if someone tries to tell you there is nothing they're waiting for, they're most likely lying to you. We're humans, and we always want something more. When we don't have that something more, we get impatient. Impatience is something I've always struggled with. From the mundane (long stop lights, waiting in long lines, etc.), to the more serious (a job you really want, the "one"), I've struggled with it all, and if you're being honest with yourself, you also probably have. These are some bible verses that have helped me over the years, and they might help you too when you're struggling with patience like I too often do.

1. "Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying." -Romans 12:12

2. "But if we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently." -Romans 8:25

3. "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes wait patiently for the Lord." -Psalm 27:4

4. "Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you." -Psalm 37:4

5. "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me." -John 14:1

6. "I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word." -Psalm 130:5

7. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5

8. "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

9. "The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him." -Lamentations 3:25

10. "Since God chose you to be the Holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, and patience." -Colossians 3:12

11. "Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly." -Proverbs 14:29

There are many more verses in the Bible that talk about being patient and waiting on God. The fact that there are this many verses proves that patience is something people have struggled with for a long time. The next time you're feeling impatient, be sure to remember these verses, and most importantly remember that you're not alone.