11 Old Movies You Must Watch

11 Old Movies You Must Watch

No. 1 is my favorite.

20
11 Old Movies You Must Watch
YouTube

Although upcoming movies are great with their effects and clarity, old movies have their own awesomeness. Let's go back down memory lane and revisit some of the must watch movies from the last few decades.

1. "The Outsiders"

"The Outsiders" is definitely one of my favorite movies—and books—in the world. It takes place in 1960 Oklahoma where a town is split into two classes—the Greasers, low class, and Socs, high class. It focuses on a family of three brothers who try to stick together and their gang. But when the main character, Ponyboy, gets mixed up in a crime with a gang member, Johnny, his life takes an unsuspected turn. My favorite thing about this movie is the strong, familial ties, within the gang.

2. "The Karate Kid"

"The Karate Kid" was one of the first movies I ever watched. This movie is about a boy named Daniel who sets on a path to learn self-defense against bullies. My favorite thing about this movie was the hilarious mentor.

3. "The Good Son"

Now, this movie takes a very depressing turn, which is why I love it. I remember watching it at a very young age and crying at a certain character’s death.

This was the first movie to bring tears to my eyes.

4. "3 Ninjas"

I love this movie, similarly to why I love "The Karate Kid." The sense of humor of the mentor, as well as the kids, and also because of how close the brothers are, despite the problems they face once in a while as a family. But that’s what makes this movie amazing.

5. "Of Mice and Men"

I read this book with my class, and I hope the teacher who assigned this book goes to heaven for this act of goodness. The movie is about Lenny and George, two men looking for a job. Lenny is mentally handicapped but that’s why he has George to take him and help him get out of ridiculous situations. I especially love the book for the dark twist in the end.

No spoilers, but all I’m saying is you won’t suspect it.

6. "The Sound of Music"

I remember watching the live version of the "Sound of Music" on TV and then, later on, checking out the original version. Both were absolutely amazing. What I feel makes it memorable is how they show how one person can help change an entire family for the better after going through hard times.

7. "Home Alone"

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F23%2F63612796760692087243803889_A1T%252BlZ6iUZL._SY445_.jpg&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=694&h=2b092c32398ce66941984834b96781c9842900f29c3cd8f97733956c3bf3ad75&size=980x&c=1376040574 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F23%252F63612796760692087243803889_A1T%25252BlZ6iUZL._SY445_.jpg%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D694%26h%3D2b092c32398ce66941984834b96781c9842900f29c3cd8f97733956c3bf3ad75%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1376040574%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

"Home Alone," a pretty common movie of the past, has also been one of my first movies. I love the cleverness of the main character, Kevin, and the idea of being left all alone against robbers.

8. "Matilda"

"Matilda" was one of the most relatable movies I had ever watched. Growing up as an avid reader, I understood what she meant by how much books meant to her. Also, to have superpowers has always been a dream I've had, and Matilda was basically a superhero and regular girl mixed into one person which I really loved

9. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" is a movie only thinkable by the one and only genius, Roald Dahl. His books and movies have always been a part of my life, but "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" was the first movie I watched from Dahl, and is a must see.

10. "Jaws"

"Jaws," a classic, was one of the first thriller films I watched, which I highly regret considering all the blood. So I suggest watching this without any little sisters or children around.

11. "E.T. The Extra Terrestrial"

I’m pretty sure I watched "E.T." more than twenty times as a child. Even these days, I take the time to watch this movie with my sisters once in a while. I especially love how attached the main character becomes towards the alien.