11 Must-Watch Halloween Movies

11 Must-Watch Halloween Movies

What's your favorite Halloween movie?

36
11 Must-Watch Halloween Movies
Disney

Timeless movies during the fall? Halloween movies are some that are often classic and telltale of the season. Whether you're actually a child or a child at heart, Halloween is time for some good fun! Here are some Halloween movies that you need to see this season.

1. "Halloweentown"

This movie is a Disney Channel classic and a childhood memory we all can’t shake. Check it out before the Halloween season is over and it's no longer socially acceptable to sit on the couch with a bowl of candy.

2. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Maybe old, but always in our hearts! Oh gosh, I sound cheesy. But really, this is a fun Halloween-themed movie that will bring memories and make the season typical.

3. "Edward Scissorhands"

This movie did freak me out until I was 13. However, it is a classic and the special effects were pretty good for this era. Wow, has time in film evolved with special effects. Nothing is quite like Halloween movies.

4. "Charlie Brown Halloween Special"

Even though this is annoying sometimes, watching the "Charlie Brown" holiday specials brings you back to when you were 5 and your biggest care in the world was what kind of costume you were going to have and how much candy you could get. After all, your friends would pick a few neighborhoods to go to in order to maximize your candy collection. Also, don’t forget to go to the house that gives out extra large candy bars!

5. "Hocus Pocus"

This is another kid classic, but nevertheless will be nostalgic and make you remember the days when trick or treating was socially acceptable. I guess a 20-something dressed up going door to door seems rather creepy. Buy your own darn candy, sir!

6. "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

This movie is always a little interesting. Not really scary, but gives enough spook for the scaredy cats like me.

7. "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

Anything Tim Burton is a little creepy, a little cute. This movie is a Halloween classic no one can miss out on!

8. "Casper"

This mid-1990s classic is cute and funny which will make you reminisce on your childhood a bit more. Again, socially acceptable to watch this with a bowl of candy.

9. "It"

I could never, ever watch this movie since I am legitimately petrified of clowns. However, the Halloween season does scare some.

10. "Saw"

Another classic scary movie I will probably never watch because I’m actually 5. However, if you’re in the mood for a classic scary Halloween movie, don’t forget this thriller!

11. "Mean Girls"

No, this is not scary or really Halloween-themed, but it is a classic and there is one scene where the characters are at a Halloween party, so I find it an acceptable Halloween movie (and it’s not scary -- yay!).

There you go! An interestingly well-rounded (or so I think) Halloween movie list for this Halloween season! After all, we need to get into the spirit of fall, dressing up in costume and getting our sugar fix somehow! Happy Halloween, and trick or treat!