11 Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals

What would you add to this list?

19
picjumbo

There are plenty of sequel flops (Grease 2, Mean Girls 2, Grown Ups 2, etc.). Everyone always says the original can never be beat for many reasons. However, I feel that original movies often times leave us wanting more. When executed in the correct manner, a sequel can provide its audience with more entertainment or even some well-deserved closure that the original film failed to do. Here are 11 sequels that I believe beat their original movies.

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Hermione punching Draco square in the nose. Enough said.

via GIPHY

2. Cars 3

Following in Doc's footsteps, such a great end to Lightning's career.

via GIPHY

3. Toy Story 2

A rollercoaster of emotions through this one. *cue "When She Loved Me"*via GIPHY

4. Pitch Perfect 2

Better song choices and funnier. Don't @ me.via GIPHY

5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Easily the most interesting storyline out of all 4 movies.

via GIPHY

6. Captain America: the Winter Soldier

More relevant than the original on all fronts.

via GIPHY

7. Avengers: Age of Ultron

Artificial intelligence is so bad that it's good.

via GIPHY

8. Shrek 2

You can't go wrong with "Accidentally In Love" as the opening song.

via GIPHY

9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Forever a classic.

via GIPHY

10. Back to the Future Part II

The future was so much cooler than the past. Hoverboards?! I mean, come on!

via GIPHY

11. High School Musical 2

The soundtrack, the setting, the story. HSM 2 wins from all angles.

via GIPHY

What would you add to this list?