11 Lessons We Learned From One Tree Hill

"I don't wanna be anything other than me."
69

Whether you're team "Naley," team "Layton," or just in love with the entire cast, it's hard not to argue that One Tree Hill is one of the most popular shows among adolescents for many reasons. It encompasses love, drama, suspense, humor and so much more in one show. Whether you binge watch the series on Netflix or have watched it since it aired, here are some of the most important lessons that this iconic show taught us.

1. Life happens. Cherish every moment.

No one knows it better than this group of friends. Your life can change in the blink of an eye. Making every moment count is a theme that runs throughout the entire series.

2. Don't be afraid to fall in love.

Take the plunge. You just might find your soulmate, no matter how many times it takes.

3. Never give up on your dreams.

Brooke showed us to never settle when it comes to aspirations in love, careers or any aspect of life.

4. Don't let stereotypes define who you are.

As high school students turned adults, the OTH cast went through all of the trials of adolescence and fitting in, teaching us how to handle ourselves with confidence.

5. Don't let life knock you down.

By the amount of events that these friends go through, it's hard to believe they're as young as they are. Somehow, they always pick themselves up; even after the hardest falls.

6. Appreciate the little things.

Who knew a Cracker Jack's bracelet would become a staple to the show? It goes to prove that little things can hold a large impact.

7. Everything is more dramatic in the rain.

Enough said.

8. Stand strong in the face of what others think of you.

Don't let other peoples' opinions define you. Brooke showed us that you are not the labels that other people put on you.

9. Friendship is one of the most precious gifts.

Who knows where this group would be if they didn't have each other to lean on.

10. Believe in fairytales.

The relationships in this show took some unexpected turns, but in the end everyone ended up right where they belonged.

11. Work hard and make your dreams come true.

The OTH cast showed us one of the most important lessons: that if you believe in yourself and work hard for your dreams, anything can happen.