Having officially passed the ten-year anniversary of one of the most renowned TV dramas in history, I think it’s about time we celebrate and look back on Friday Night Lights, all the characters we love, and all the lessons they taught us. This is a show unlike any others, with the characters encountering real situations in a small town centered around high school football. It promotes positive moral lessons that many 21st century shows fail to do, recognizing traits like loyalty, courage, drive, love, and faith. Having watched the show more times than I would like to admit, here are some of the lessons I have been taught by this incredible show.
- You’re going to lose at something, even if you work hard at it.
2. Seek redemption.
3. Seek a relationship like Eric and Tammy Taylor.
4. We will be tested.
5. You can overcome social norms to become something great.
6. Humility is key.
7. True friends are forever.
8. You can be whoever you want to be.
9. It's okay to not be okay.
10. What boys really think about.
11. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.