11 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes To Get You Through Finals Week

Because Meredith didn't get to be a surgeon and marry McDreamy by not studying.

326
Science Source Images

The spring semester is almost over, and that means finals week is quickly approaching. Are you in need of some serious motivation to get your mind on track? Well, here are 11 quotes from "Grey's Anatomy" to inspire you to do your best.

1. "If there's a crisis, you don't freeze, you move forward. You get the rest of us to move forward because you've seen worse, you've survived worse. And you know we'll survive too." -Derek Shepherd

2. "Life is not a spectator sport. Win, lose or draw, the game is in progress, whether we want it to be, or not. So, go ahead, argue with the refs, change the rules… cheat a little, take a break… and tend to your wounds. But play. Play. Play hard. Play fast. Play loose and free. Play as if there’s no tomorrow." -Meredith Grey

3. "Sometimes it's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose." -Richard Webber

4. "All the pain and the fear and the crap... maybe going through all that is what keeps us moving forward. It’s what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up before we can step up." -Alex Karev

5. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don’t give a damn what anyone thinks." -Cristina Yang

6. "Change, we don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying. But here's the truth: the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes change is good." -Meredith Grey

7. "Real breakthroughs come because one is scared to death to stop trying." -Derek Shepherd

8. "Bad things happen, but you have to move past it. Leave it behind. The sooner, the better. Or it'll eat away at you and stop you from moving forward." -Miranda Bailey

9. "You fought. You loved. You lost... Walk tall." -Mark Sloan

10. "We do not get unlimited chances to have the things we want. And this I know. Nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could change your life." -Addison Montgomery

11. "We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes. But one thing is certain when it finally reveals itself. The future is never the way we imagined it." -Meredith Grey