11 Perfect Christmas Gifts For Makeup Lovers

The ultimate guide for relatives or friends who want to get someone makeup but have no idea where to start.

70

Are you someone who has a friend, relative or significant other who is OBSESSED with makeup? Do they watch tons of Youtube videos of makeup gurus swatching palettes and beating their face? Do you want to get them something makeup related but you have no idea where to start? Well, you're in the right place! Here's a couple of ideas if you're a bit anxious when you go into Sephora or Ulta!

1. Gift Card 

Just because it's the easiest option, a gift card is always one of the best things to get because you can put any amount on it! It varies from $10-$250 but I would go on the higher side because a lot of products are a bit pricey, but then again it depends on if it's Ulta or Sephora, because Sephora has more higher-end makeup. Still definitely the perfect gift, even it's a bit too impersonal.

2. HUDA Beauty Obsessions Palette(s)

https://www.sephora.com/product/obsessions-eyeshad...

There are a lot of options for this collection of palettes. It depends on who you're getting them for, but there are a lot of positive reviews on them. If the person you're giving the gift to loves color, go for it and get a colorful palette with bold pigments, but if he/she only does neutral looks, get one (or two) that doesn't have such bold pigments like Warm Brown or Mauve.

Palette options include: Topaz, Warm Brown, Mauve, Smokey, Electric, Coral, Gemstone, Amethyst, Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire.

The palettes are $27 on Sephora.com

3. Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow 

https://www.sephora.com/product/magnificent-metals...

One of the prettiest products I think I've ever owned! There are also so many options for these shadows and you can put them on your lid, use them to line your winged eyeliner or to line your outer lid with it. If you don't understand anything I just said, then just know it's used for a lot of things.

They are $24 on both Sephora.com and Ulta.com

4. Highlighters

https://www.sephora.com/product/shimmering-skin-pe...:p381176:product

Okay, there are SO many that I love that I can't pick which one to recommend. They do get a bit pricey, even in Ulta. I think highlighter is by far my favorite thing to put on. I have tried Becca highlighters, Maybelline, Too Faced, Fenty, and I've loved pretty much every one of them because there are different cases and pigments that go with different makeup looks. My personal favorite is Becca Champagne Pop ($38) but popular ones include Amrenzy by Anastasia Beverly Hills and Fenty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter ($34)

5. Jaclyn HillxMorphe

https://www.ulta.com/jaclyn-hill-eyeshadow-palette...

I think I use this palette every day. It's very overhyped but with good reason. If the person you're getting a gift for loves using neutrals, or want a nice palette with a bit of color, this is the palette for them. Morphe has also been overhyped but, also, with good reason. Most of their products are amazing!

The Jaclyn Hill palette is on Morphe.com, Ulta.com and in both stores, selling for $38.

6. Brush Sets

https://www.ulta.com/everyday-essentials?productId...

I use Morphe brushes, and they're very good, but there are definitely a lot of brands that have good brushes like Sephora, Real Techniques, Mac, IT Cosmetics, and BH Cosmetics.

The prices vary but most are decently priced, except for Mac because it is a bit more high-end.

7. NYX Loose Metallic Glitter

https://www.ulta.com/metallic-glitter?productId=xl...

I have never tried them, but I have heard such great things about these loose glitters! If you're purchasing these glitters for someone, remember to also purchase a primer for glitter, because it will not stick if there isn't glitter primer.

8. Setting Spray 

https://www.sephora.com/product/all-nighter-long-l...

If you have no idea what setting spray is, it's basically the spray that sets your makeup in place. It's pretty self-explanatory but there are a lot of great brands of setting spray out there! I love Urban Decay's All Nighter ($32), any of the Mario Badescu spray (Rosewater, Green Tea, and Lavender), Morphe's Continuous Setting Spray, and Mac Cosmetic's Prep and Prime Fix+

9. Ardell Lashes

https://www.ulta.com/lash-natural-105-5-pair-multi...

One of the most popular lash brands, and also very reasonably priced. Lilly lashes are great but are so pricey.

Ardell lashes are sold at Ulta and they are on their website. Individual lash sets are about $4.99 and the sets are about $32.99

10. Tarte Shape Tape

https://www.ulta.com/double-duty-beauty-shape-tape...

There's nothing more to say other than it is probably the best full coverage concealer I've ever bought. I only recently purchased it because I wanted to budget but, when I got it, I loved it right away!

It's $27 in store and online at Ulta.com

11. Foundation/BB Cream

https://www.ulta.com/born-this-way-undetectable-me...

Some people are not huge fans of using a full face of foundation, so they use BB cream or tinted moisturizer. My favorite foundations are Fenty's Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear and Too Faced Born this Way. My favorite BB cream is Maybelline's Dream Pure BB and Tarte BB Tinted 12 Hour Primer (which is made more for summer). The prices of BB cream vary but are not very expensive.