11 Florida Destinations To Visit Before The End Of Summer

There's only a few more weeks until summer is over, so make the most out of it!

384
Where Do I Take The Kids

It feels like June just started, but here we are coming up on the end of July already. Where did the summer go? I’m already dreading the summer sun disappearing. Luckily, living in Florida means we have a little extra “summer” weather, even when schools are back in session.

If you've gone through the Florida Summer Bucket List but are still looking for a way to take advantage of the remaining summer days, don't worry there is still plenty to do and see in Florida!

1. Horseback Riding, Amelia Island

The Amelia Island State Park has over 200 acres of beautiful beaches, marshes and coastal forests that allow you to horseback ride. This is one of the only places on the east coast that allows horseback riding on the shore, so it’s definitely something to take advantage of.

2. Stargazing, Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park

Only a few minutes from Walt Disney World Orlando, it’s hard to believe this is prime location for stargazing in Florida. This park was recently named Florida’s First Dark Sky Park and it’s said that Jupiter and Saturn are visible from here.

3. Spanish Monastery, Miami Beach

Construction of the Spanish Monastery began in year 1133 in Spain, so it's not every day that you're surrounded by such old international architecture. In 1952, it was brought to Miami piece by piece and put back together.

4. Solomon's Castle, Ona

This is the home and gallery of Howard Solomon, which is open for tours. The exterior of the house is nothing compared to the funky art that can be seen in the interior.

5. Manatee Encounter, Crystal River

Not everyone gets to experience swimming with manatees, but in Florida it's totally possible. In Crystal River there are a few different places that you can encounter these giant beauties up close and personal.

6. Devil's Millhopper State Park, Gainesville

Even though the park is only 71 acres, there are still three different ecological environments inside the park. It's great for a good hike, and you can check out the 120-foot sink hole located here.

7. Florida Reef, Florida Keys

Who knew the third biggest reef in the world was right here in Florida? It's also the only living coral barrier reef in the continental United States, so get out there and take a look.

8. Fairchild Gardens, Miami

This garden is an 83-acre botanic garden located in Miami. There is an extensive collection of rare tropical plants including palms, cycads, flowering trees and vines that anyone would love to see.

9. Blowing Rock Preserve, Jupiter

Who wouldn't want to be on top of these rocks? An amazing view and picture perfect moment.

10. Ponce de Leon Lighthouse, Daytona Beach

At 175 feet tall, this lighthouse is the tallest in Florida, and one of the tallest in the United States. Over looking the beautiful beaches of Ponce Inlet, it's definitely worth the workout up the steps.

11. Big Shoals State Park, White Springs

This park features limestone bluffs and is home to the biggest whitewater rapids in all of Florida. The park also features over 28 miles of hiking and nature trails, so if getting in the water isn't your thing, no worries!