11 Classic Christmas Films To Brighten Your Holiday (PUBLISH 12/26)

19
YouTube

While the holidays are a time to rejoice with family and friends, one of the best parts of this season is the movies that go along with it. Christmas offers some of the most heartwarming, family flicks you will ever find. Here are some of my top picks of classic Christmas movies for you and your family to enjoy and revisit this year, to make this holiday one to remember.

1. It's a Wonderful Life

Jimmy Stewart makes this film an unforgettable tale of a man who realizes just how special life is and the connections you make throughout your lifetime. It is a perfect Christmas classic to put on as you decorate the tree and gather for some family time.

2. Miracle on 34th Street

This Christmas classic will make you believe in Santa again, as you follow Kris Kringle in his journey to show the true meaning of Christmas is about faith and family. This is one of my family's favorites and a great one for Christmas morning.

3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Chevy Chase brings this Christmas classic to brighten your holiday and bring about laughs for the whole family. This holiday flick can bring cheer to any family gathering or a cold night in during this December.

4. White Christmas

White Christmas is a heartwarming Christmas film with song and dance for the whole family to enjoy! This movie is a classic with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye who bring laughter and joy in this joyous celebration that reminds you Christmas is about being with those you love.

5. Holiday Inn

This classic can be enjoyed year round, but during the holidays it really hits the heart strings. This movie focuses on a traveling trio who open up an Inn to celebrate all the holidays throughout the calendar year. It is creative and features my Christmas favorite - Bing Crosby himself.

6. Scrooged

This modern twist on A Christmas Carol stars the hilarious Bill Murray playing a television director who needs to be reminded of life, love, and happiness during this Christmas season as he gets a few visits from ghosts who show him the results of some of his actions.

7. Elf

This is possibly the happiest Christmas film there is, starring Will Ferrel as Buddy the Elf. He delivers holiday cheer and reminds us all to not forget the child inside ourselves during the holidays, because sometimes all we need is a little magic and a whole lot of belief.

8. The Grinch

This is a holiday classic of Dr. Seuss' tale of a town who loves Christmas an done man's plan to stop it from happening. But with some help from a little girl, he is able to see the true meaning of Christmas and find his heart. This is a family film that kids of all ages will love.

9. A Christmas Story

This film tells the story of one boy's quest to get his dream toy for Christmas and the struggles of being a kid during the holidays. With a crazy family, some double dog daring, and a lot of laughter, this flick is a must during the holidays.

10. A Christma Carol

This is the grandfather of all Christmas movies and one that truly instills the true meaning a Christmas in us all. It shows us that no matter how old you are, it is never too late to start showing some holiday cheer. This film shows that family and celebrating the small joys that life brings is what Christmas is all about.

10. The Santa Claus

Tim Allen stars in this hilarious tale of one man becoming Santa and the work that goes into making sure everyone around the world has the Christmas of their dreams. There is laughter, magic and of course some holiday cheer in this Disney classic.

11. Any Lifetime Movie during the holidays ever...

Lifetime is known for their emotional (most of the time cheesy) holiday movies. Pick literally any one to watch during this season and you won't be disappointed. They are the perfect films to watch as you are making cookies or wrapping presents because they are fun, festive and always have a happy ending.

Enjoy this holiday season surrounded by the ones you love and hopefully after reading this, you will find a new film, or rewatch one you love to make this holiday even more meaningful. Get cozy, pour yourself a mug of hot chocolate and get watching!