11 Bible Verses For A Fresh Start To A New School Year

These scriptures break off any false thoughts holding you back from a blessed year.

13426
Crosswalk

Confidence in the Lord in the midst of all situations one might face this school year is a must. Here’s some scriptures that share the Truth to remember during this new school year.

1. Jeremiah 32:27

“I am the Lord, the God of all people. Nothing is too difficult for me.

No matter the challenge, God will bring you through. No essay, technical difficulty, or lost assignment is too difficult for the Maker.

2. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

You are a new creation in Him -- what a blessing that is!

3. Luke 6:27-28

“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

People will not always treat you fairly. Being a child of God, find life in Christ, not in others around you. Even with this, be humble enough to ask God to help your enemy, just as you would for your loved one. Not only does the school bring an education of the usual subjects, but also the lessons God teaches us to be more and more like Him.

4. Ephesians 2:8

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Just by believing in Him, you are saved by grace. This means you have the King’s favor and mercy. If you mess up, God does not condemn you. Instead, He provides you with a clean slate alongside never ending compassion.

5. Matthew 5:14-16

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Not everyone around you knows the Truth and the Way. You can be that light for them! Following Christ should not be something that is hidden. Instead, let the joy from Christ radiating from you be the first thing others notice.

6. 1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Royalty is in your genes. This is not like the worldly royalty we typically think of, though. This is one that dominates because it holds the most effective weapon: love. Use that weapon to your advantage. Love is stronger than any action with a negative root.

7. 1 John 2:17

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

It is easy to fall captive to the ways of the world. School is a place of growing and finding one’s self. It may be challenging to stick to God’s Word, but keep in mind the ultimate reward He speaks of.

8. Ecclesiastes 12:1-3

Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor Him in your youth before you grow old and say, ‘Life is not pleasant anymore.’ Remember Him before the light of the sun, moon, and stars is dim to your old eyes, and rain clouds continually darken your sky.

The habits one forms in his younger ages will be the ones he is likely to fall back on. Make this habit one of praising God, honoring God, and sharing Him with every waking soul.

9. Psalm 16:2

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”

Simply, we have nothing without the Lord. When the calendar is overflowing, remember all of it means nothing compared to the foundation the Lord provides.

10. Proverbs 11:25

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Give freely His word, His forgiveness, His love, and His grace, as He does for you. This may be in the classroom, cafeteria, hallway, dorm, library-- He is present in them all.

11. Isaiah 54:10

Though the mountains be shaken

and the hills be removed,

yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken

nor my covenant of peace be removed,”

says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

At the end of the day, you are loved. The worries of the day can be lifted from your shoulders up to the heavens. Start fresh each day, knowing your firm foundation and resurrected life Christ gives you.

Speak the Word boldly. No predicament is bigger than your God. You are showered in never ending love. May God bless and keep you this year!