11 Beautiful Places To Visit In Pakistan

Pakistan has some splendid places to pay a visit to, so don't miss the chance!

515

Pakistan is a culturally rich and diverse nation with deep roots in history. Of course, this is in contrast to what the media shows us---dirty streets, deserts, bombs, etc.. There are some truly beautiful places in Pakistan that are completely breathtaking. Being from there, I have been lucky enough to see the beauty of Pakistan inside and out but even I haven’t yet been to see some of the real gems in our nation. So I am going to give a short list of some beautiful places in Pakistan to check out when you go visit!

1. Hunza Valley, Gilgit-Baltistan region

The way the media shows Pakistan, you’d never believe that such beautiful places exist there. The northern areas are mountainous and incredibly scenic. And guess what, media? The people of Hunza Valley have a 95% literacy rate! Most children are educated at the very least up until a high school level. And yet the people there are said to be very simple and down to earth, meaning that not only are they educated, but they also stay with their culture and don’t look to change themselves. The scenery of the Hunza Valley is said to be breathtaking. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to visit!

2. Badshahi Masjid, Lahore

Considered to be the second largest masjid in the world, the Badshahi Masjid was commissioned by the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. Throughout his reign of intolerance and persecution, we can say at least he left something good behind! This masjid is a beautiful example of Mughal and Indo-Islamic architecture, which is very prominent in India as well, with beautiful examples such as the Jama Masjid amongst others. Ever since I was a child and saw pictures of this place, I have been very keen to see the exsquisite detail of this masjid. So if you have a chance, don't forget to pay a visit there!

3. Clifton Beach, Karachi

Who doesn’t love to go to the beach? Clifton is incredibly scenic and peaceful, the feel of the ocean is mesmerizing! I remember spending time at Clifton briefly when I was younger, but I do think it is time for another visit! It is lively and dazzling to the eyes. Let's hit the beach!

4. Lahore Fort, Lahore

Locally known as Shahi Qila, the Lahore Fort is another beautiful example of Mughal architecture. The actual structure is a citadel and within it are a number of well-known structures such as Sheesh Mahal, Diwan-i-Aam, Moti Masjid, and others. With all these stunning pieces of architecture, it is easy to see why people say they get lost in the beauty and the history. Its splendor and deep history is truly amazing. Time for a nice long tour through the fort, which I would happily get lost in!

5. Shalimar Gardens, Lahore

Built during the reign of Shah Jahan, this hosts a complex of beautiful gardens and views. Can you imagine being lost in this dazzlingly exquisite place? I have always wanted to visit here since it looks like a place you hear about in fairy tales. If you are ever in Lahore, this should be one of your first stops!

6. Qaid-e-Azam Mazar, Karachi

I remember going to Qaid-e-Azam Mazar many years ago, when I was maybe 11 or 12 years old. The first thing I remember was how warm the marble felt on my bare feet, the breeze bringing a certain calm as the sun set when we were leaving. It is the mausoleum for Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan. It is truly a wonderful thing to behold, day or night, with its graceful and beautiful architecture. I remember being blown away just by the sheer size of it as I stood in front of it. I didn’t think it was possible for a structure to be so large. The inside is equally beautiful, with an open room where his tomb is located along with a long chandelier. It is a must-see if you ever find yourself in Karachi!

7. Tomb Of Jahangir, Lahore

Another excellent example of Mughal architecture, the Tomb Of Jahangir was built by Shah Jahan for his father, Jahangir. With the gorgeous minnarets and the gorgeous mosaics, how could we not be captivated? The beauty of this place is said to be incredibly alluring and amazing to behold. The rich and immense history of this tomb is not something you'd want to miss!

8. Port Grand, Karachi

A lively and fun-filled place for recreation, Port Grand has lots of great things to do---endless options for food (my specialty!), shopping, and just fun and relaxation with friends! I went there on my most recent trip to Pakistan and to say I had a blast was certainly an understatement!

9. Mohatta Palace, Karachi

This palace is located in Sindh, originally built in 1927 by a Hindu Marwari businessman from modern day Rajasthan in India named Shivratan Chandraratan Mohatta as a summer home. It is said to be an incredible to behold, with its lovely domes and balustrades with floral motifs. The immense history of the palace is something that history buffs such as myself would love. Plus the elegance of the place seems unmatched!

10. Faisal Masjid, Islamabad

The largest masjid in Pakistan, Faisal Masjid is rather unique since it doesn't have the traditional domes associated with most masjids. It also contains mainly Turkish architecture. It is said to take part of its inspiration from the Kaaba in Makkah. If you ever find yourself in Islamabad, I wouldn't hesitate to take in the beauty of this place!

11. Manora, Karachi

I have heard a lot about Manora from my friends in Pakistan and here, and I have been dying to go ever since! Manora is a small peninsula located just a few kilometers off of the coast of Karachi. It has beautiful sandy beaches and a very tall lighthouse. It is a great potential tourist destination!

Pakistan’s beauty is wonderful, it is deep, and it really touches your soul. If you ever have the chance, you should absolutely take some time out to visit my amazing and beautiful nation!