11 Albums That Will Change Your Life Forever

A very biased review of some very good music.

2486
Jennifer Habeeb

Music has the power to heal the soul and change the world. I've always said if I had to choose between being deaf and blind, I'd choose to be blind. I just can't part with my tunes. Here are eleven albums that changed my world and can change yours too.

1. The Beatles - White Album

One time I had a conversation with an English person about the Beatles in which I had to defend their honor. He claimed they were overrated. That is a lie. The Beatles are geniuses, and the White Album is my favorite piece of their music. The White album is a synthesis of the Beatles talent. Some people might argue that Sgt. Pepper is their best album, and while it is undoubtedly good, I prefer the White Album, it is simple and clean without being too fussy.

2. Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York

Technically Nirvana isn't that great of band. I mean, Kurt Cobain knew like a maximum of five chords, but that's okay. I still think they were fantastic. Their MTV Unplugged album is perfect if the harshness of Nirvana's music scares you off. Its beautifully raw and stripped down and Kurt's vocals are actually very pleasing to listen too. All Apologies is my favorite Nirvana song, and the acoustic version is so lovely. It'll knock your socks off, I promise.

3. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

I'm in love with Kendrick Lamar. I think he's so smart. Kendrick, if you are reading this, I know you're engaged and an inch shorter than me, but I love you. Anyways, this album is just plain cool. He deserved every Grammy he won for this album. Not only is it effortless, but it's smart and it's real. Kendrick's voice in this album rings loud and clear over smooth beats. I don't know a lot about rap music, but I know this is good stuff.

4. The 1975 - The 1975 and I Like it When you Sleep for you are so Beautiful yet so Unaware of it.

Okay. I picked two this time, I'm sorry, they're my favorite band. Sue me. The 1975's music changed my life, I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. This band makes the music I've been looking for my entire life. Matty Healy's lyrics are sharp and witty and the music behind them is just as complex and wonderful. The 1975 defies music genres. They are pop and alternative and everything in between. I love this band dearly, and if you never heard their music please give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

5. The Black Keys - Brothers

I bought this album when I was in the eighth grade, and I still love it just as much as the day I first heard it. It's better than their early stuff which I like, but it's less heavy and more soulful. Dan Auerbach's voice will make you melt, it's so damn good. Tighten Up is flawless, and These Days is beautiful. Give it a listen.

6. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

Bob Dylan is the reason I love poetry and writing. His music made me realize that you could write something really important and people would listen to it. Blonde on Blonde is my favorite piece of his music. I've listened to it so many time in my bedroom when I was a sad angst y preteen and it truly healed my soul.

7. Bob Marley - Exodus

My dad introduced my to Bob Marley when I was really young. I didn't really care for him all that much when I first heard his music, but as I got older, I realized my prior judgement was so very wrong. His music just makes you feel good, and at the end of the day, we all just want to feel like "every little thing is gonna be alright."

8. Led Zeppelin - IV

This album was my Bible in the seventh grade. Black Dog was the ringtone on my flip phone. I was a cool kid, I know. Led Zeppelin is probably my favorite band of all time. They were and hard and so very talented. If you don't think Led Zeppelin were the kings of rock and roll, you need to listen again. I'd sell my soul to the devil to be as cool as Robert Plant.

9. N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton

This album is so so good. Ice Cube is a brilliant writer and Dr. Dre is extremely talented. This album makes me really miss old school rap. It's powerful and strong and has a message that demands to be heard. If you didn't like rap before listening to this album, you absolutely will after.

10. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

This album changed my life. Jimi Hendrix is the reason I even attempted to pick up a guitar, and then shortly gave up when I realized he has more talent in his pinky than I do in my entire body. God bless Linda Keith for giving him a shot in the music industry because the world would be a much less colorful place without his music.

11. Beyonce - Lemonade

I saved the best for last. Queen B absolutely killed it with this album. The first time I listened to the whole thing I had chills, it left me speechless. Let's just say I would not want to be on Beyonce's bad side. On top of her killer songs, she came out with an entire visual album. There's a reason she's the queen, she's simply the best.