I Asked 10 Mom’s The Best And Worst Things About Motherhood...

“Having to find your new identity when your most dominant title is now “mom”.”

108

I asked 10 mom's what the best and worst things were about motherhood, and here were their responses.

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 1: "For me, the best thing is just my kid's existence. The feeling of true happiness and content when I hold them at night. I am 1000000% positive there is nowhere else I would rather be."

What's the worst thing about motherhood?

Person 1: "The worst is navigating through mom guilt and finding a balance for all of your identities, when "mom" is now the most dominant title you have."

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 2: "My confidence is stronger as a mom, and I love myself more because I see myself how my kids see me."

Person 2: "Having to find your "new self".

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 3: "Your whole world changes to revolve around this tiny human that YOU created who just loves you unconditionally already."

Person 3: "Once that tiny human becomes your entire world, people you believed would be in your life forever, disappear. They want less and less to do with you as you grow as a parent."

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 4: "My son is like my safe place. I feel safe and unafraid when I'm with him. if I'm ever nervous to go somewhere and he's there, I'm more confident.

Person 4: "Watching them grow up so fast...or just questioning my parenting in general."

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 5: "Getting to see the world all over again through their eyes, and to see the innocence that comes with that."

Person 5: "Sometimes being a stay at home mom is really lonely."

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 6: "The kids."

Person 6: "The kids...In all seriousness, it's beautiful and terrifying.. it's fulfilling and exhausting. And all of these other things. You feel guilty all the time for everything, but the love...oh my god is the love worth it."

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 7: "The way those eyes light up, and her little "HI" or "Mama" every time she looks at me. Getting to feel the love and happiness that you got to bring into the world. Even on your worst days you think about your kid and happiness and chills rush over you. It's an amazing feeling getting to watch them grow, learn, and pick everything up so fast. Just always having someone to look up to you.

Person 7: "The pressure you have from "needing to be the best" even when everyone around you is cheering you on, telling you you're an amazing mom...there are always those high standards you put on yourself to be the best.:"

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 8: "Watching your baby grow and learn every day. Having a tiny human love you unconditionally.. having someone to love on & snuggle basically all hours of the day. The excitement when your child finally reaches a milestone. Being the "go to" person when your child is scared.

Person 8: Not knowing exactly what your child wants/needs because they're too young to communicate. Constant stress because you're trying to keep a tiny human alive. Judgement from other parents and basically the entire world on the way you choose to parent.

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 9: No matter what is going on in life, no matter where a mother messes up, where a mother goes wrong-her child ALWAYS chooses to love her. There is this unconditional love that is the best part of motherhood. Kids need stability and this and that, but I have been the most unstable person I've ever known the last 5 months, and my babies still choose me, still love me, and still want me.

What’s the worst thing about motherhood?

Person 9: The worst part is feeling like you don't do enough, and your children deserve way better and way more. Even when you're doing your absolute best and trying to keep everyone and everything above water-mom's still get the feeling like you aren't doing enough.

What's the best thing about motherhood?

Person 10: When I look at my kid, I relive my childhood, and I can see through their little face some enjoyment with the same things that use to bring me that same joy. There is no better feeling looking at something I created, knowing that they're happy in the world I brought them into.

Person 10: Seeing them sad. There are just times a mother cannot soothe the pain or make it better. As they grow, you really start to see that more. Some things become out of your control, and losing that is hard to grasp.

Asking all of these mom's to share such personal details about their motherhood experiences, not only made me terrify to have a baby of my own one day, but so incredibly excited. The take away factor from this article-is that the majority of these mom's had similar things they loved and dreaded. You're never alone in how you feel, so do not be afraid to reach out for help or an ear to listen. You just might be surprised at who all feels the same way you do.