100 Things To Do When You're Bored

100 Things To Do When You're Bored

When boredom hits, it's good to be prepared.
117140

Everyone gets bored. It's a fact of life. At school, it is especially easy to get stuck in a routine and as we all know, routines can get pretty boring sometimes. So, to combat any mid-semester boredom that you might be experiencing, I have decided to compile a list of 100 things that you can do whenever you start to feel the boredom creeping in.

1. Read a new book.

2. Go for a walk.

3. Call a friend or family member.

4. Watch your favorite movie.

5. Watch a movie you've never seen before.

6. Buy an adult coloring book, and color the sh*t out of it.

7. Search for Christmas gifts for your friends and family.

8. Call your grandparents. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

9. Do your makeup.

10. Attempt a new hairstyle.

11. Watch old YouTube videos.

12. Attempt to paint a picture.

13. Bake muffins or cookies.

14. Search for jobs.

15. Pinterest your life away.

16. Get lost in the black hole that is Tumblr.

17. Organize your room.

18. Paint your nails.

19. Redecorate your room.

20. Learn some yoga.

21. Download DuoLingo and learn a new language.

22. Binge watch that new Netflix series everyone is talking about.

23. Read heart-wrenching articles on Odyssey and Thought Catalog.

24. Write notes to your friends.

25. Mail a letter.

26. Find writing prompts online and try to write a short story.

27. Start a blog.

28. Hate said blog and delete it.

29. Listen to Michael Jackson's entire discography.

30. Create a YouTube channel and try your hand at becoming Internet famous.

31. Drink water...you're probably dehydrated.

32. Visit your local garden shop and buy some succulents for your room.

33. Re-watch a classic TV series like Buffy or Gilmore Girls.

34. Read about anatomy to learn something about your body.

35. Learn about a new religion.

36. Dance like no one is watching.

37. Cook a new dish.

38. Deep clean your room.

39. Empty your inbox.

40. Make a collage.

41. Try on clothes you don't wear anymore and get rid of the ones you no longer wear.

42. Dust.

43. Rid your house/apartment/room of anything you know longer need or use.

44. Donate said items to a local charity.

45. Visit your local animal shelter and play with the animals.

46. Visit with your neighbors.

47. Reconnect with an old friend.

48. Go for a drive with the windows down and music blasting.

49. Try a new coffee shop or cafe.

50. Cook your favorite meal.

51. Take pictures of the things that make you happy.

52. Exercise.

53. Sit outside (weather permitting).

54. Meditate.

55. Volunteer your time.

56. Sing at the top of your lungs.

57. Plan your next vacation.

58. Search for new music.

59. Find a new favorite quote.

60. Make a bucket list.

61. Get ahead on your homework.

62. Take some selfies. #selflove

63. Check out some cool, new apps.

64. Design your new tattoo.

65. Make an ice cream sundae.

66. Color code your closet.

67. Make a list of people who inspire you.

68. Find a new favorite artist.

69. Make dad jokes.

70. Take a bath.

71. Plan who you would cosplay as if you ever were to attend ComicCon.

72. Cut up old shirts.

73. Tie-dye.

74. Try your hand at nail art.

75. Take a hike.

76. Go for a swim.

77. Go to the beach.

78. Buy a fish.

79. Make a zen garden.

80. Learn how to whistle or snap.

81. Get a new piercing.

82. Play video games.

83. Make a short comic book.

84. Read up on current events.

85. Find a social issue you're passionate about and learn everything there is to know about it.

86. Have a water balloon fight with your friends.

87. Prank someone.

88. Learn about tea ceremonies and invite your friends over to have one.

89. Plan your wedding.

90. Join a community sports league.

91. Take classes at your local community center.

92. Get a library card.

93. Explore a new part of town.

94. Go on a road trip.

95. Make a wish on a balloon and release it.

97. Learn how to knit.

98. Go on a bike ride.

99. Jump into something- puddles, pools, leaves or snow.

100. Read an article about 100 things you can do when you're bored.