10 Ways You Know You're Meant For Each Other

If they make you feel like home, that's when you know.

5125
Brittany Ambrosino

Being in a relationship is great and all, but it's even better when you're in love with your best friend. They're the person you can be yourself around, the person who is your rock and the person you can always count on.

Here are 10 ways you know you and your significant other are meant to be:

1. You both like the same shows.

I don't know about you, but the majority of my relationship is laying in, bed binge watching Netflix or Hulu with my boyfriend. I won't lie, we definitely have different tastes, but we learn to compromise. While he won't give in and let us watch "One Tree Hill," he caved and watched one episode of "Grey's Anatomy" with me and he's now hooked! I definitely didn't want to watch his action adventure shows either, but instead we decided for a comedy and ended up watching the entire series of "Bob's Burgers" for a straight month.

It's nice going out and having fun, but staying in can be just as enjoyable when you both like the same things.

2. You both appreciate each other's interests.

Key word: Appreciate, not necessarily enjoy. My boyfriend appreciates my love for writing, but doesn't enjoy it himself. He sure doesn't appreciate my love for makeup when it's so expensive and takes me an hour plus to get ready, but he deals with it because he knows it makes me happy. There are definitely some interests he has, like video games, that get annoying at times since he's on them 24/7, but when we're together, he lets me play too and it becomes something we can do together!

3. They're the first person you want to tell good or bad news too.

Whether it's landing an interview, getting a good grade on a test or having just a crappy day, they're the first person you want to pick up the phone and tell. I give my boyfriend a lot of credit because he deals with my good and bad moods, all the time, but he is always the first person I run to when I need to talk. Even when he doesn't know what to say at times, he's always there to listen and that means more to me, and our relationship, than anything. Having a person who is always there is what makes a relationship so enjoyable.

4. You can be your complete self around them.

When I mean complete, I mean complete. The "sweatpants, hair-tied, chillin' with no makeup on" kind of vibe is needed in a relationship. If I can't be comfortable without makeup on around a significant other, that person is not for me! When you're comfortable, you don't have to be embarrassed when you accidentally burp or you know, let out other kinds of bodily functions. When you're comfortable with each other, it all doesn't matter. I feel comfortable looking my absolute worst or best around my boyfriend because I know it won't affect our relationship. Comfort in a relationship is key.

5. You both like the same foods.

This makes choosing where and what to eat a whole lot easier. When you and your partner like similar foods, it's easy to decide what to make for dinner, or whether to grab sushi or wings on a Friday night!

6. They come to you for advice or just to vent.

The best part of being in a relationship is always having someone there. Whether it's a terrible day at work or what to do in a certain situation, they're always the person you want to talk too. I can't thank my boyfriend enough for listening to me scream and vent endless time after I get out of work or when I've had a bad day. That's what you're both there for, to be each other's rock.

7. You can be brutally honest and it doesn't start a fight.

Depending on the situation, it's healthy to be brutally honest with your significant other, if it's meant to help. I know if I need to tell my boyfriend something from a different perspective that he's not seeing, I can tell him without him holding a grudge.

Being able to openly talk to your partner is the absolute best feeling.

8. You tag each other on everything.

Funny memes? Yes. New recipes? Yes. Possible vacation destinations? Yes. Puppies on Facebook? Duh.

You tag each other in anything and everything relatable and funny, and only you two understand the inside jokes behind them.

9. They're the one who calms you down when you're about to break down.

I give my boyfriend a lot of credit for dealing with my breakdowns and crying. He's always the person I go to calm me down when I need someone to listen and reassure that everything will be okay. I'm there for him when he's pissed off and needs someone to vent too. That two way street of reliability makes relationships so much better.

10. You can't imagine yourself with anyone else.

You know you have found the right person when you can't see yourself being with anyone better. You guys just fit. There is no better feeling than being with someone who you know loves you back just as much as you love them.

One of my favorite quotes sums it up:

"Being able to find someone you click with so naturally is the best feeling ever. You feel like you've been best friends your whole life, it feels like you're coming home. You're so comfortable with them. Maybe that's what the right person is. Not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home."