Ideas & DIYs To Spruce Up Your Home This Fall

10 ways to make your home feel cozy and inviting this fall season.

8
The Sweetest Thing Blog

1. Fall Succulent Planter

These pumpkin succulent planters act as adorable decorations to place around your home. Bring some greenery into your home without the vibrant colors of summer. The planters are easy to make, yet impressive to guests. Try miniature pumpkins as an accent to a room, or larger pumpkins to make a bold statement.

Here is a link on how to make your own: http://www.maisondepax.com/2016/09/fall-succulent-...

2. The “Thankful For” Pumpkin

As friends and family gather into your home, ask that they add to your “Thankful For” pumpkin. This pumpkin acts as a reminder that we are truly blessed this fall season and is an adorable way to see what everyone is thankful for in their life.

3. Leaf-Mason Jar Candle Holders

Nothing says warm and cozy quite like a crackling fire. Bring the glow and warmth of a fire into your home with these leaf-covered mason jar candle holders. The shining candlelight against the leaves carries a soft, orange glow throughout a room.

4. Festive Pillows

Pillows can complete a space and give it a whole new look, yet changing them out is simple. Replace current pillows scattered throughout your home with Fall ones. For Halloween, think cobwebs and “Trick-or-Treat” sayings, and for Thanksgiving think cornucopias and “Blessed, Thankful, Grateful” sayings on pillows. To make it simpler, you can even find pumpkin pillows and keep them out the entire Fall season!

5. Vintage Signs

As HGTV’s hit show Fixer Upper is on the rise, so is the vintage-country, farmhouse décor trend. Replace some picture frames or artwork in your home with a vintage sign. Decorate the sign with pumpkins, a wreath, or a candle.

6. White Pumpkins Galore

Around the home, white pumpkins make a clean, beautiful decoration during Fall. Get creative around your house with white pumpkins and just know, there is no such thing as too many white pumpkins!

7. Pumpkin Carving Alternative

If you don’t have the time or energy to carve a pumpkin this year, or you're just tired of the same old Jack-O-Lantern, experiment with new ways to decorate your pumpkins! Paint them, write quotes on them, or Mod Podge leaves onto them to give them an extra Fall-boost! Decorated pumpkins can serve as the centerpiece for a table or as a decoration around your home.

8. Pumpkin Planters

Rather than the typical mums and Jack-O-Lanterns showering your front door stoop, add dimension to the outside of your home. Have your home’s curb appeal make a decorating statement with pumpkin planters of different colors and sizes. Try replacing your planters with stacked Cinderella pumpkins!

9. Pumpkin Place Cards Holders

For Thanksgiving dinner, try these adorable miniature pumpkin place card holders! These also act as a fun party favor for all of your guests.

10. Dress Up Your Mantle

Changing up your mantle is one of the simplest ways to dress your home accordingly for the current holiday season. Pumpkins for Thanksgiving, Holly Berries and candles for Christmas, pastel-painted eggs and flowers for Easter... the mantle acts as decorative statement for any home. Try sprucing up your mantle this Fall!