10 Little Ways To Practice Mindfulness This Spring

Spring is a time for new beginnings!

282
Lovianna Blackwell

Spring is the time to take initiative! All the new year's resolutions finally seem like something worth achieving. It's the first time the weather has been nice all year, and it feels like the start of something great. Even with all the pollen and the massive to-do list, life is truly wonderful.

1. Soak up the sun

After being all cooped up indoors or bundled in layers, for what seemed like forever, it's time to let our favorite star do its thing! Get some much-needed Vitamin D to feel energized and lifted after a miserable winter.

2. Stop to smell the flowers

I mean this both literally and figuratively. Spring gifts us with so much natural beauty and we're lucky enough to get to really let that set in and sense it. Take time to make the most of it. Smell the flowers, pet happy puppies, lie out in the soft grass.

3. Eat clean

The best fruit and vegetables are so fresh this time of year and it feels so good to eat what grows naturally. If you have any favorites, take advantage of how much better they are right now.

4. Go for a walk

It's the perfect time to clear your mind by taking a walk. If you're stressed out about all the things you have to do, go experience life as it happens (just maybe take an allergy pill first). You'll be surprised by how much better you feel.

5. Care for some plants

Plants are the kind of responsibility that feels good. And this is the best time to care for them because most of their needs are met with the sun and nice weather.

Spring clean!

Spring cleaning is a ritual! And it comes with high rewards. Give your closet, bedroom, or entire home the Marie Kondo treatment. Get rid of anything you don't need. It'll clear so much more than just your surroundings.

Practice yoga

In this case, "yoga" is a loose term. Basically, just relax. Stretch and get comfortable in your body, maybe even outside. Whatever feels right at the moment. It's a good time to start new habits that will have you feeling amazing.

8. Take a road trip

Roll the windows down, blast the best music, and go somewhere fun. It doesn't even matter what the destination is; the ride there is half the fun! The weather is perfect for a getaway.

9. Dress in a way that makes you happy

The weather is as versatile as will ever be this time of year, so take full advantage of that by dressing how you want. Just about anything goes. It's breezy enough to rock a few layers but sunny enough to go lighter. You have full creative freedom. Nothing's stopping you, especially not the weather!

10. Allow yourself to be inspired!

You can get inspired anywhere and at any moment, but there's something extra special about drawing inspiration from all the natural beauty this world has to offer. Turn the passion into something greater. With so much negativity, you can take this golden opportunity to change it.