10 Easy & Simple Ways To Kick Depression To The Curb

But, there are some things you can do to help yourself feel better.

270

Depression can keep you from doing the things you love. Even the smallest things like taking a shower can take a lot out of you.

1. Write

Write about how you are feeling. I do this a lot, and it helps me every time

2. Take a hot bath

Just sit there and relax. Let your mind wander

3. Take a walk

Talk a short walk to clear your mind

4. Pet a dog

I mean...I think this one is self-explanatory

5. Make yourself something to eat

It's another one of those things that seems hard to do at times. But everyone has to eat

6. Change your clothes

Put on some clean clothes, laying around in the same clothes you've had on for the last three days won't help

7. Listen to music

I've always found that listening to music is everything. There is always a song for whatever you are feeling

8. Talk to someone

Whether it's your mom or your neighbor, talk to someone. Shutting yourself in your room with no social interaction will only make things worse

9. Read

Books are always a great escape

10. Watch a tv show that you enjoy

Even if it's that episode you've seen three times, do it. If it makes you happy, do it.