10 Ways To Be Happier

10 Ways To Be Happier

Happier = Healthier

30
10 Ways To Be Happier
Chapter 5 Recovery

If you aren't as happy as you want to be, why not make a change? Now that it is the beginning of the semester, there is no better time to make changes and improve the overall quality of your life.

1. Learn to Say No.

I'm all for sacraficing your time for family, friends and those in need, but don't forget that you have needs, too. In order to keep your own peace of mind, sometimes you have to listen to yourself and say no.

2. Don't let others influence your decisions.

Yes, getting validation from those you trust is helpful but, in the end, you have to deal with the consequences of your decisions.

3. Like what you do.

Especially in college, there is a lot of pressure to major or start an activity that you aren't necessarily interested in. Once you realize that whatever major or activity isn't for you, don't be afraid to quit and search for something that makes you happy.

4. Don't take yourself too seriously.

It's important to have serious goals and to work hard to achieve them, but you should able to laugh at yourself during the process.

5. Find something free that interests you.

Try to find an activity that does not require money to complete. You will be able to do something that makes you happy without stressing about spending extra money.

6. Set aside free time.

An old proverb said, "If you are too busy to smile, you are too busy." No matter how busy you become with school or work, it is important to set aside time to do anything of your choice.

7. Learn to accept your mistakes and flaws.

Everybody makes mistakes and everybody has flaws. Once you learn to accept the negative aspects, you will find yourself at peace.

8. Live in the moment.

It is so easy to get caught up in the past, or what other people or doing, that sometimes we forget to pay attention to what is happening in the present. It's important to pay attention so that we don't miss out on the little things life has to offer.

9. Keep things simple.

Yes, life is complicated, but there are always areas that you can keep simple. The simpler life is, the less stress you will have to deal with.

10. Be kind.

You never know when people might need an act of kindness. By making somebody else happy, it will make you happy in return.

Once you realize what makes you happy, acknowledge it. Have the courage to do what makes you happy.