10 Ways That Coronavirus Ruined Ramadan

Amongst all the things that coronavirus ruined, Ramadan was no exception. It has ruined birthdays, graduations, prom, and it will also ruin Eid.

Here are the ways that COVID-19 has wreaked its havoc on Ramadan.

We weren’t able to invite anyone over for iftar

Photo by Anastasia Zhenina from Pexels

Not having iftar parties with my friends was the absolute worst. You can really get tired of your family, fast, when you're cooped up in the house AND fasting.

There was no fun suhoor outings

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Forget the trips to iHop or diners at 3 am. All of that excitement, gone.

No taraweh

Photo by v2osk on Unsplash

It was super hard to stay motivated and spiritually connected when we had no taraweh to go to after iftar.

There was barely any food in the house

Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay

When every grocery trip is a life or death situation it makes it stressful to stock up. I don't know if it was just my house, but my fridge was practically empty.

There was no sense of community

Photo by Praveesh Palakeel on Unsplash

Since the masjids are closed down, as are all spaces of congregation we missed out on a sense of community this year. Seeing all my friends there used to be a pick-me-up after a long day of fasting.

It felt extra long

Photo by photo-nic.co.uk nic on Unsplash

There was no change of scenery or places to go. Quarantine made Ramadan feel unnecessarily long.

There’s no Eid namaz

Image by Dean Moriarty from Pixabay

Yup, corona took that too.

8. No Eid namaz means that there’s no Eid photoshoot at the Masjid

Image by Oliana Gruzdeva from Pixabay

What is Eid without getting dressed to the nines to show off your swag at the masjid and take a copious amount of photos with your friends? Stunting on the community is half of the fun.

There will be less food to enjoy on Eid

Photo by Elke Karin Lugert on Unsplash

Eid is usually spent making rounds at all the gatherings we get invited to at the masjid. Each house has a full buffet prepared and we don't even get to have that this year.

We won’t be getting gifts for Eid this year

Viktor from Picjumbo

Unless it's money through Venmo, we can forget it.