10 Ways To Save Money For Vacation

10 Ways To Save Money For Vacation

Vacation coming up quick? Try these penny pinching tips!
12

Vacation. We're all dreaming of it as exams get closer and closer. A time to unwind, relax, and rejuvenate. A mental break per se, a time for limited responsibilities and lots of free time. Oh, sweet vacation, the cure to all of our stresses.

1. Start putting away a fixed amount of money with every paycheck

Start saving part of that paycheck for the vacation that you really want. Let's be honest, you probably would've spent that little bit on fast food you don't need anyway.

2. Put a pause on that Netflix subscription

Take a little hiatus from your Netflix or Hulu subscription, and notably will you save some money each month. But you'll also give yourself one less distraction as you prepare for your impending exams.

3. Eat out less

Avoid half off apps, Panda, and McDonald's for a few weeks, and save that money that you would've spent on fast food and put in the bank for your future vacation.

4. Create a budget

Budget, budget, budget! You have to make a plan and stick to it, or you're not going to save any money for that vacation you want so much.

5. Get rid of some things you don't need

Maybe start spring cleaning a little early and get rid of some old clothes you don't need anymore through an app like Poshmark.

6. Avoid Starbucks

It's amazing how much money coffee is, especially if you go get a coffee every day. That's roughly $3 down the drain each and every day. Even if you don't buy coffee for only a week, you end up saving over $20.

7. Cook more

Cook a little more, it's honestly the cheapest option and you'll save so much. Don't like cooking? Make something in the crock pot—that's barely even cooking. You just throw everything together in one big pot and let it simmer for hours, maybe stir it a couple times.

8. Coupons

Clip those coupons! Use apps like Cartwheel and Perks before grocery shopping and scour those ads for exactly what you need.

9. Make a grocery list and stick to it

Don't go wandering down the grocery aisles aimlessly and throw whatever you're feeling in your cart (and never go grocery shopping hungry). Make a list and stick to it, maybe memorize the aisles ,and write your list in that order so that your shopping trip goes smoothly, and you don't wander down the chip aisle when you know you shouldn't.

10. Start a change jar

This method may seem a bit archaic, but it still works, pay for things in cash whenever you can and collect all that loose change from your purchases. Let's be honest, you won't even realize it's gone, and it'll add up quicker than you think.

Preparing for vacation, follow these few things to save up a little extra before it's your time to unwind.