10 Ways To Have Christmas Cheer During Finals Week

10. Read the Christmas story

86
JM Academy

It's so easy to lose sight of this season with all of the other pressures forcing their way to the front of our minds. We have finals within the next two weeks, plus Christmas shopping, plus jobs that we need to make money for Christmas shopping, and making travel plans for Christmas break.

Right now, finals seems to be getting first place. That is good and important, and doing well on these last exams is our last chance to show what we know and how much work we have put into the semester. And if you've had a semester like I did, it hasn't been the best.

It is still possible to enjoy the Christmas season while study and shopping and working and studying. I promise. Here are few ways to have Christmas cheer during finals week.

1. Listen to Christmas music

This might be a no-brainer. The key here is to listen to music that won't distract you from studying. Typically, instrumental music is the best way to go for that.

2. Surround yourself with Christmas decor

Whether it's in your dorm room or in your living room at home, try to do more studying where you can have the light and glow of Christmas very literally surrounding you. I've been trying to do more homework and studying where my Christmas tree is at my house so that I am enjoying the smell of pine while it lasts!

3. Eat Christmas cookies

Make Christmas cookies, too, but if the best you can do is to eat them, definitely do that.

4. Look at Christmas lights

I am very intentionally building in a little bit of time to look at Christmas lights this season. Even if it's just for an hour, spend your time drinking hot cocoa and getting into the Christmas spirit instead of taking your "study break" by staring at your phone for 15 minutes. People work really hard on making their houses look great for Christmas; don't miss out on it!

5. Burn Christmas candles

Everyone knows Bath & Body Works is the go to for candles. Their candles come out by season! Gingerbread, pine, warm vanilla, you name it, your Christmas-candle needs are met!

6. Wear your favorite Christmas sweater

While studying, you can still enjoy the Christmas season by popping on your favorite (ugly or not) Christmas sweater. You'll feel ready for the season and ready for finals...at the same time!

7. Drink hot cocoa

Hot cocoa is strongly associated with Christmas and winter in our minds, so you'll cancel out your stress from finals with the peace and tastiness that comes from the hot cocoa.

8. Watch a Christmas movie

Take a two hour break with your best friends and watch either your favorite Christmas movie or a Christmas movie you've been dying to see. Sometimes you have to give your brain a rest, and watching a light-hearted Christmas movie is a great way to do that.

9. Say "yes" to family activities

Getting your Christmas tree, making Christmas cookies, whatever it may be, don't let this season pass while you're hiding away studying.

10. Read the Christmas story

You know, the actual Christmas story: the one about Jesus' birth. Nothing could help you to appreciate Christmas more than being reminded of what Christmas is actually about. Regardless of how your finals go, that story is still true. The Son of God was born as a baby because of love for you. Your imperfections and failures are real and true, but are eclipsed by the light of Jesus' love. Don't let the season go by without refreshing your mind and soul with that true account, which stands as a witness to God's grace and truth.

Merry Christmas!