10 Ways To Relieve Stress In The New Semester

Looking to relax and relieve some stress? Check out this list of the top ten stress relieving activities.

999
Google Images

It is important to relive stress in one's life to live a happy and healthy life. Here are some tips for relieving stress and being your best self. Light a candle, draw a bath and check out the top ten stress relieving activities below.

1. Journaling

When you just have so much going through your mind at once, it is best to get it out in a healthy way. Journaling can de-stress the mind by relieving all the thoughts and worries going through your mind. And at the end of the day, you can look back at all the things you overcame.

2. Yoga

Yoga is one of the best ways to relax the mind and body. For beginners, I recommend a yoga class that is mostly focused on meditation and stretching. Yoga gets your blood flowing to different places in the body, relieving tension of sore muscles and relaxing the brain.

3. Exercising

Light exercising such as using the elliptical, jogging, or jump-roping can relieve the stress you have built up in your mind and your muscles. Exercise is beneficial to weight loss and a healthy mind and body. Exercising detoxes your body, leaving you with a cleansed feeling afterwards.

4. Breathing exercises

Try breathing exercises like breathing in for four beats, holding for four beats, and releasing for four beats. Get the Calm app, which is equipped with recorded sounds of nature and has many breathing exercises.

5. Listening to Music

That’s right! Blast the tunes, rock out to your favorite tracks and don’t be afraid to sing along at the top of your lungs. Music is a creative and healthy outlet, whether you are listening to music or writing it.

6. Talk it out

Sometimes it’s best to just get it off your chest and talk your worries out with someone you are close to. For me, this person is always my mom and my best friends. Talking with loved ones is stress-relieving and makes your relationship with them even stronger. Write letter to your family, call them, or Facetime to keep in touch.

7. Start an art project

Painting, drawing, and crafts are all great ways to relieve stress and wash away negative energy. Creating new art is a great way to accomplish something, while letting your worries go. Try a paint-and-wine night with your best friends, or try painting a ready-made pottery piece.

8. Nature walks/ hiking

Being in nature is so relaxing, as breathing in fresh air and admiring beautiful scenery are highly beneficial for de-stressing. Look for your local park or hiking spots, and get out there and walk off your troubles. Bring your camera or GoPro and snap some pics of your hike.

9. Go Dancing

Dancing is great cardio and a lot of fun. Grab your gal pals and hit the nearest dance club. Just getting out of the house and going to do something fun like dancing can be stress relieving. Put on your best dress and have some good old-fashioned fun!

10. Take a hot bath

Get some epsom salts, scented candles, your favorite book, and a glass of something bubbly, and hop in a hot bath. Hot baths relax your muscles and mind. Use scented candles or drop some lavender oil in the water to make the perfect bath.