10 Valentine's Ideas Your Low-Maintenance Girlfriend Would Be Totally Chill With

You don't have to spend a lot of money to make us happy.

102
123rf

Valentines Day. The infamous hallmark holiday that you only really like when you have someone to spend it with and sometimes not even then. There’s this stigma that says you have to go all out on Valentine's Day and spend loads of money.

Well, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to do that with every girl. You see, I’m what they call a “low maintenance” girl and I agree with that. That also means I’m very easy to please. I don’t need a dozen roses or diamonds, I just want something that shows me you care.

So, here are some gifts you can give a low maintenance girl like me:

1. Dinner

I don’t mean at some fancy restaurant, either. I mean a home-cooked meal. You don’t have to spend a ton of money when I much rather sit home and have a nice meal with you.

2. Letter/Poem

Okay, so I know this is more of a girl thing, but guys, girls will melt at your feet if you do this. I know it's sappy and not manly but it's romantic and a nice way to show your love.

3. Card

Something simple with a personal message and maybe a single rose to go with it.

4. A foot rub/back rub

Foot rub

Now, personally I haven’t gotten one of these, but my mom swears by them and it’s a nice gesture.

5. A movie night

I love movie nights. My boyfriend and I have them all the time. It’s a romantic gesture and you get cuddles as a plus.

6. A walk in the park/the beach

Especially at sunset and if the weather is right, this is a nice thought.

7. Bubble bath

Bubble Bath

A nice hot romantic bath to make all the stresses go away.

8. Do something nice

Clean the house, take out the trash, walk the dog. Do something you normally wouldn’t to surprise her.

9. Dance night

If you have a girl that likes to dance, make a playlist, move the table, and make a dance floor.

10. Picnic

Picnic

Maybe before that walk in the park or walk on the beach you can plan a picnic there first and pack all her favorites.

These are easy and cheap gifts that any low maintenance girl like myself would love. However, that being said, if you find yourself alone, ladies, this Valentine’s day, don’t fret. You don’t need a man to celebrate. Make yourself a bubble bath, drink some wine, or go to the spa. You can still be happy loving yourself on the day meant for love.