10 Ugly Things You Regret Wearing In Middle School

For some crazy reason, these were ugly, yet we all wore them.

453
YouTube

Remember slides, or hair bows? Most likely you wore them, and I hate to be the barer of bad news, but they were ugly. Admit it, you went through a stage when all you wore was horrific outfits. You were not the fashion forward person you are now, and you tried weird things that were surprisingly popular. To be honest, we all went through that. Whether you went through the gothic stage, or scene stage you wore something that you look back on and become extremely regretful about. However, there were things that stuck out because of how dreadful they actually were, and these are them.

1. Rubber Wristbands

For some odd reason, you wore twenty of these on each arm and none of them matched. There were sports ones, band ones, ones with quotes on them; there were pretty much one of them for every reason. But lets keep it real, you spent five dollars on a piece of rubber that was pointless and plain ugly.

2. Gauchos

I just feel down right bad for the girl in this picture, but embarrassingly that was an exact outfit I would wear in middle school. Limited Too, or Rave Girl had these in every color. You could match these with the sparkly sequined belts that they sold, and sequin heeled flip flops to match.

3. Feather Hair Extensions

I have zero clue why these were even a thing, but for some reason they were super popular. I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that I owned probably ten different ones. Celebrities wore them, which did not help the trend die. Thank God it did though.

4. Thick Black Around-The-Eye Eyeliner

This was a trend either because you did not know how to wear make up or you listened to My Chemical Romance nonstop, but it was something that was a right of passage to the make-up world. It took the largest blackest black pencil eyeliner, and multiple layers.

5. SillyBandz

These were a super cute idea for little kids.Each one of them was a different shape, which made them look extremely disorganized on your wrist, but that was the point. For some reason they caught on, and ended up extremely popular, which phased out the rubber wristband fad.

6. Shutter Shades

Were they sunglasses, or a fashion statement? I'm not even sure what the purpose of these were. All I know was Kanye made them popular, and he knows what he's doing right?

7. Chinese Slippers

Okay, these were comfortable and cute. Everything about them was perfect, except for how ugly they were. They looked liked fashionable old lady slippers, yet we wore them.

8. Super Low Rise Pants

The zipper on these were half an inch long and if you bent over the person behind you received a horrible view of your plumbers crack, but that was in style. Hollister sold these nonstop whether it was jeans or shorts.

9. Hair Bows

These were my guilty pleasure, and honestly I still think they are adorable, but these were the best. You could wear them with anything, and still have style. However, this trend slowly died once there was more than one bow in at a time.

10. Slides

This trend is trying to come back, but it just shouldn't. This trends needs to be flushed down the toilet immediately and never come back. These are lazy looking, and just ugly.