10 Truths You Know To Be True If Your Name Is Jordan

No, I was not named after Michael Jordan.

12
pexels.com

Behindthename.com, states that the name Jordan "comes from the name of the river which flows between the countries of Jordan and Israel. The river's name in Hebrew is Yarden meaning "descend" or "flow down." There may have been some influence from the Germanic name Jordanes, notably borne by a 6th-century Gothic historian.This name died out after the Middle Ages but was revived in the 19th century. In America and other countries, it became fairly popular in the second half of the 20th century. A famous bearer of the surname is former basketball star Michael Jordan (1963-). However, if your name is not Michael Jordan, here are 10 truths you know to be true if your name is Jordan.

1. The moment you tell someone your name, they think it's hilarious to respond with, oh like Michael Jordan. You can stop, it's not funny anymore.

2. There is always that one person that tells you that your name is a "boy's name" or vice versa. Every time someone says this, I roll my eyes.

3. You get called "sir" or "ma'am" on the phone and you have just learned to accept it because you don't have time to correct someone.

4. If your name has a different spelling, you can bet that nobody will ever spell it right.

5. You'll find that some people make assumptions about how "girly" or "manly" you are based on your name.

6. There are probably seven other Jordan's that are in your class.

7. Therefore, when someone calls out your name, you really are not sure if it is you or the other 6.

8. You can never be classified as unique.

9. Life would be so much simpler if you were the only one.

10. At the end of the day, you've got to agree that maybe you're just so amazing that all these people share the same name as you. Maybe that's just the narcissist in me.