10 Trends Of 90's Beauty

10 Trends Of 90's Beauty

It'll make you cringe

56
10 Trends Of 90's Beauty
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/the-olsen-twins-john-lennon_n_2076307.html

Sometimes we really have to look back at our lives to be able to see just how far we have really come...and moved on to less questionable fashion trends. Here are 10 Beauty trends that we loved back in the day, but don't have to come back anytime soon.

1. Hair Tendrils

The front of the face was casually framed by intentionally long hair in the front. The reason? Don't ask me- I have countless photos with this trend.

2. Scrunchies

They were large, they were bold, and I still have a few in my drawer. A classic of all middle school outfits.

3. Lip Liner

Victoria Beckham rocks every look- including this trend with lip liner that ruined an entire generation of photos.

4. Butterfly Hair Clips

I like to call this the "I'm so excited to be here" look and it's full of butterflies that would break if you even sneezed.

5. Crimped Hair

Let's just remember this was a thing. We were savage and had no understanding of proper hair care- or the idea that crimping looked like you spent money trying to get electrocuted. Beautiful people, but a hair style best in the 90's.

6. Chunky Highlights

It was a time of bold statements and even bolder highlight chunks. We had many strong ideas on how to create style in the 90's.

7. Bandanas

Apparently this was a thing. That is all.

8. Foundation Problems

Because sometime a shade off is exactly a shade too much in the wrong direction. Also applies to the problem of combining light foundation with anything else remotely resembling makeup.

9. Blue Eye Shadow

Two superstars of then and still to this day. Both wearing the trade mark blue of the 90's.

10. Lip Gloss

That sticky gooey stuff that just looked so fun when you were wearing it! Still not so secretly in love with this.

11. BONUS-CHOKERS

One of these things is not like the others. Chokers are back in style now with a vengeance and although they are not the same plastic gothic and grunge directed trends of the 90's, they still exist.