10 Transofrmations Middle School To College

From being super dramatic to being super dramatic.

16
Clipart

We have all come a long way since middle school (thank god). It's a weird time where you're not sure what to wear (evidence is in the pictures), what to say or how to act. However, now that we're out of that awkward stage let's see how we have changed over the years. Here are 10 transformations that we all know to be true:

1. Flip phone to iPhone.

After months of begging your parents to get you a phone, they finally gave in and gave you a silver flip phone (or even a razor if they were feeling nice). Even though it took you 5 minutes to send a text message, you thought you looked like the coolest kid in school when you flipped that phone open.

2. Brown mascara to a full on smokey eye.

It used to be that you were only allowed to wear a little mascara or a little coverup in middle school. Now it's a whole different ball game with primers, highlighters, 400 different brushes and bronzer for your freaking collarbones (still don't know how that works).

3. Hating your mom to having her be your best friend.

The worst thing when we were young was being seen with your mom in public. It felt as though everything your mom did was the most embarrassing thing on planet Earth. Now we call our moms at least twice a day and never leave their side when we're home. Moms rock. Don't forget that.

4. Having 3 different boyfriends in a week to not remembering the last time you talked to a boy.

In middle school, you had a boyfriend for probably 3 days that consisted of texting, avoiding interacting in person and maybe hanging out in a group setting. After you mourned the breakup you were already onto the next one. Now it's like pulling teeth to try and get a guy to talk to you during the week (good times am I right?).

5. Having a worksheet for homework to mental breakdowns and all-nighters.

Remember when all you had was a worksheet for social studies and maybe a couple math problems to do that night? Now it's more like 7 hours of physics homework, a 10 page essay in Russian, which you don't even take and solve world hunger all by 1 pm the next day.

6. "Never have I ever kissed a boy" to "I can't think of one."

It used to be so fun to play never have I ever in middle school because all this boy-girl interacting stuff was new. Now, whenever the game is played everyone just sits there struggling to think of something they haven't done. Like okay "never have I ever done a black-flip into a pool of sharks."

7. One hour of Disney channel to binge watching Netflix.

Disney channel was the best network out there with shows like the Suite Life of Zach and Cody and That's So Raven. Unfortunately all of those great legacies have died out and got filled with sub-par shows. And instead of watching a show or two after school we watch entire seasons in one day and act like nothing happened.

8. Slow songs at dances to feeling like you're at an EDM premier.

Nothing makes me cringe more than thinking about slow songs at middle school dances. First of all both of you are sweaty and second of all neither of you know how to dance/ what to do with your hands. Now whenever you walk into a party there are unnecessary strobe lights and crazy, intense house music (there's always that one aspiring DJ per frat that puts all their new mixes on SoundCloud like people are actually going to listen to them). Never the less you and your girls now just bring out your "coolest" dances moves. Even though in the moment you all think you look really good, video evidence proves otherwise.

9. Awkward hugs at the buses with your "boyfriend" of 1 day to awkward run-ins with "that guy" at the dining hall.

For some reason, hugging your boyfriend in middle school was a huge deal. Your girlfriends would even give you a little pep talk as you walked up to him. Now the most nerve-racking thing is seeing that one guy you don't want to see in the dining hall when you have no make-up on, haven't showered in a couple days and just overall look homeless.

10. Being super dramatic about everything to still being super dramatic about everything.

Let's be real ladies. We're all still dramatic, we just have a better way of hiding it.