10 tips to make your Significant other's valentines day this year

16

1. Take your significant other out to eat and carb them up

They say there is no better way to the heart than through the stomach. pro tip: if you want to go somewhere fancy be sure to make reservations as many people may also be hungry and want a fancy dinner.

2. Be original as much as possible

There's nothing more special than feeling like someone went out of their way just to make you happy. Avoid the cheesy cards with the same old dad joke pick up lines on them, unless that's what your significant other is into.

3. Try to make your own gifts

Sure we all love new and exciting things, but I believe it's so special when someone makes you an original gift because they really took the time to give you something personal. Side note: some great personal gifts to make for your SO could be a scrapbook, a video of pictures and videos of you two, a mixtape, a date jar or love coupons.

4. Have a plan for the day/ night

Out of all of the days in the year this is your one you should have for. Let's face it girls have their hopes up for some sort of date whether it be a date at a fancy restaurant or a cuddle session to your favorite movie, at least act prepared and show you want to spend your day together special.

5. Hit up Hallmark

No literally. Most Valentine's Day haters call this day just a "Hallmark Holiday" well fine if that's what they want to call it why not pay a visit to your local Hallmark and prove that their is nothing wrong with pink stuffed animals and heart shaped candies, in my opinion those things are fun anyways so why not celebrate with them.

6. "With just 4.99 you can make your girl's day."

This is a very popular saying from the female population but what does it mean? It means flowers are cheap people and they're simple. They smell nice they look nice and they make us gals feel nice.

7. Do fun things beyond "the typical Valentine's Day"

Valentine's day doesn't just have to be about dressing all fancy and going to a nice dinner. You can do lots of things, it's basically a day meant for sharing your love so why not spend it going on a series of mini dates. Spend the day binge watching your favorite shoes, making and decorating cookies, playing board games, and anything your heart desires.

8. Despite all the love and passion try to be considerate of the singles

Not sure which of the names "Valentines day" or "Singles awareness day" is easier on the ears but try to make it on the single's eyes with your SO in public.

9. Don't forget to be yourself because that's what's most important

After all of the forced gifts and fancy dinners and all of the sweetness in-between don't forget to be yourself, no matter how weird, because that is the true reason why your partner is with you and you should celebrate each other not just the holiday.

10. Basically be as extra as you can

The bigger the better? Okay maybe not, but going above and beyond does no harm in showing how much you love someone.

And if your bae is isn't taking the hints this Valentine's Day or you don't have a bae...

Or, as recommended, always