10 Tips To Control Anxiety And Stress

10 Tips To Control Anxiety And Stress

Start by making some lists.

53
10 Tips To Control Anxiety And Stress
Unsplash

1.) Make lists

If you are dealing with a lot at school or at work, I tend to make lists to organize my thoughts and control my stress. It is a lot less intimidating to plan out everything you have to do and when you know when you're going to do it.

2.) Deep breaths

I know it sounds cliché but it can actually make a huge difference by just stopping for a second to take some deep breaths. Meditation also works too and can really help control your anxiety and stress.

3.) Go for a run/ to the gym

I know when I have a lot on my plate and I'm really stressed about something it helps a lot to get moving and sweat a little bit. It takes my mind off of what I am so stressed about.

4.) Drink some tea

Drinking tea can calm you down and help you focus on what you need to get done without stressing out about it.

5.) Talking to someone

Talking to someone whether it is on the phone or in person can help you control your anxiety and distract you from the problem. If you are facing severe anxiety it helps to talk to someone, like a therapist or doctor to get you the help you need.

6.) Drink water

It is known that dehydration can make the symptoms of anxiety much worse so make sure to stay hydrated and drink lots of water!

7.) Take a break

Whether you just listen to music, or practice something you've been working on, it is essential to take breaks to keep your mind clear and stress free.

8.) Maintain a positive attitude

Make an effort to keep negative thoughts out and replace them with positive ones. It will really make a difference!

9.) Get enough sleep

When fighting anxiety and stress, your body needs more sleep because it is being overworked. A good night sleep of at least 8 hours can help out in the long run.

10.) Eat well

Eating nutritious, well balanced meals can really help you feel better inside and out and can essentially help you manage your stress and anxiety.